Home

Old 04-14-2017, 12:20 PM   #249
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's your Franchise Mode Going?

This might be the wrong place to ask this but I have an offline season mode where I control every team and as I was just starting my playoffs I realized I set the playoff overtime to 5 min 4v4 w/ shootout and I ruined my season. Theres no way I can change that to continuous 20 min ot can I?
Old 04-15-2017, 08:36 AM   #250
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnite2sixman
This might be the wrong place to ask this but I have an offline season mode where I control every team and as I was just starting my playoffs I realized I set the playoff overtime to 5 min 4v4 w/ shootout and I ruined my season. Theres no way I can change that to continuous 20 min ot can I?
BEFORE you load up your franchise, go into the global settings and load up your sliders and you can change it there - make sure to save it.

When you load up your franchise, those settings will now work.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:38 PM   #251
Rookie

I don't think that worked. I simmed a few games and the ones that went to overtime said it ended in a shootout. Thanks for your help. I'll keep trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2017, 12:29 AM   #252
Pro

OVR: 1

After considering the Calgary Flames, the Florida Panthers, the Nashville Predators and the Winnipeg Jets, I settled on the Buffalo Sabres for my franchise this year, as they looked like a team I could keep pretty much the entire core intact, only adding a few secondary pieces, through trades, draft and free agency, to build my dynasty.

Which is pretty much what I did.

O'Reilly, Okposo, Kane, Eichel, Reinhart, Nylander, Girgensons, Ristolainen, Bogosian, Franson and Lehner are still the leaders of the team, and I just parted ways with Kulikov, who I had to let go as a free agent, after year 3.

Four separate trades ultimately allowed me to transform the Buffalo Sabres into back-to-back Stanley Cup champions.

Now, I have a few house rules regarding trades...but even those couldn't prevent me from acquiring elite talent. First one being "I can only initiate a trade for a player listed as available by their team, and can only offer things the other team is interested in". However, I can also place players on the trading block...if a team contacts me, showing interest in that player, then I'm free to ask for whatever I want in return. In this last case however, I can only "submit" the offer once. If the other team refuses, I have to wait for them to contact me again to submit another offer (forcing me to pay a little bit more than I would have, if I want to make sure the deal goes through the first time).

I have another rule for the offseason, but it doesn't apply to the following four trades.
  • Traded Eric Cornel, Nicolas Deslauriers, Jake McCabe and Devante Stephens to COL in return of John Mitchell, Mikko Rantanen, Nikita Zadorov and a 4th round pick (2017).
  • Traded Tyler Ennis, Vojtech Budik and Anders Nilsson to NYR for Jimmy Vesey and Antti Raanta.
  • Traded Marcus Foligno and Minnesota's 2nd round pick (2017) to ANA for Jacob Larsson.
  • During the draft, traded Matt Moulson, Cliff Pu and my 1st round pick (2017) to Long Island in return of their 1st round pick (traded up 5-6 spots) to claim Nico Hischier, who fell down at #9 in first year draft.

After year 1, Vesey jumped to an 86, and is now an established 2nd liner on my team. A bit disapointed by Rantanen's growth, who never went higher than an 83 so far. But the fact that he's still considered a 3rd line scoring forward is ideal for me right now. After spending season 1 in the juniors, Nylander came back as an 82 3rd line socring forward as well, which was also perfect. He grew to an 85 this year though, so I'll have to be careful with his playing time.

Zadorov exploded after I acquired him, and went up to an 88. Larsson didn't do as well, as he seems stuck at 82 right now. Him and Guhle are taking an eternity to develop, which forced me to sign Jake Gardiner to replace Kulikov on in my top-4.

Right now, line-up looks like this:

Kane (86) - Eichel (93) - Okposo (88)
Vesey (86) - O'Reilly (88) - Reinhart (91)
Rantanen (82) - Girgensons (84) - Nylander (85)
Carrier (82) - Faksa (81) - Baptiste (81)

Zadorov (88) - Ristolainen (91)
Gardiner (85) - Bogosian (85)
Larsson (82) - Franson (82)

Lehner (88) - Raanta (82)

Extras: Galiardi (82), Larsson (80), T.Van Riemsdyk (79)

Hischier (also taking his sweet time) is almost ready for the big leagues, so hopefully he'll be a mid-season call-up, so I can finally place him down the middle, between Rantanen and Nylander, and trade Gigensons in his last year of contract at the deadline. Bogosian might be in his final year with the team as well, as his contract is becoming pretty heavy to carry. I don't have any good right-handed D prospect though, so it might be a challenge to fill his spot.

...and that's pretty much where I'm at right now.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:41 AM   #253
Rookie

Just won the first game of the finals vs TBA (5-3)
Bumped up the difficulty to SS,and the game plays like a dream,hard but the most fair I've experienced.
Played the first three series on All star (4-3 vs WPG,4-3 vs SJS,and 4-0 vs The Kings)
Got tired of poor CPU gaming,and only reason they played well was the obvious boost the suddenly got every now and then,and my own players suddenly becoming useless.
Classic scripting/cheating.
Don't really feel that on SS.
Hopefully I'll go for the cup

Xbox :ettnollbajen
Old 06-04-2017, 07:26 AM   #254
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

About halfway through my second season with Philly. Only notable offseason moves were letting both my goalies walk (Steve Mason and Michal Neuvirth) and bringing up Anthony Stolarz and signing Thomas Greiss. I also traded Sean Couturier for Bobby Ryan. Love Couts, but I wanted a bonafide scorer.

So far, so great. Started the season average, then have taken off sitting around the top 3 in the East. Stolarz has taken control of the #1 goalie spot and sports around a .920 SV%. Voracek has 30 goals in about 46 games which is insane and Giroux is operating at over a point per game.

In the last two seasons I've played (one on NHL 16 with NSH, then last season on this game with PHI) I've gotten off to great half season starts and folded up like a lawn chair the second half. I haven't made the playoffs since last gen! LOL. Ready to break that streak and embrace my dominance!

I wanna hit 50 goals with Voracek, 90 points with G and win the Calder with Stolarz. And win the damn Cup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 06-05-2017, 10:21 PM   #255
Rookie

year one with the Devils, we miss the playoffs, end up with the 5th overall pick

since it was so high and it was year one i decided to try and move up to draft Patrick.

Tampa had the 1st pick, managed to swap picks with them, was all ready to draft Patrick when I noticed an American goalie in the top 5.

So with Schneider at 30 years old and nobody really primed to be the next guy I had to forget about Patrick and take the Goalie.

turned out he was a medium franchise goalie, I left him unsigned for season 2 (where we ended up making the playoffs)

signed the goalie for season 3 planning on giving him a year in the AHL, but he was an 80 overall and was listed as a backup goalie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2017, 11:53 PM   #256
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Just started season 3 of my Quebec dynasty. Season preview with off-season roster moves can be found in hockey dynasty forum. Yes, people actually still post there.

Game 1
Can Nords Exact Revenge On Montreal In Home Opener?
GAME HIGHLIGHTS
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DANOTORIOUSOBG/video/33155590

Game 2
Rookies Shine In Boston
GAME HIGHLIGHTS
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DANOTORIOUSOBG/video/33155802

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »