Home

How's your Franchise Mode Going?

This is a discussion on How's your Franchise Mode Going? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-23-2017, 05:46 PM   #265
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: How's your Franchise Mode Going?

Well I made it through the first round of the playoffs after an early scare. Drew the Buffalo Sabres and went down 2-0. Won the next two in Buffalo to even the series, finally won on home ice to take a 3-2 lead then dispatched them in Buffalo in 6.

The second round pitted my Flyers versus the Washington Capitals. I played them late in the season and identified them as a team I did not want to face in the playoffs (they were fighting for a WC and/or 3rd place in the Metro Division at the time). Welp, they shocked me 5-4 in Game 1. I was up 4-2 with like 10 minutes to play and they tied it up then got the go ahead goal and I couldn't equal. I would've felt a way about it, but I had previously had the game in a suspended state to come back to later, down 4-2 in the 3rd. We had some bad storms so I made the decision to shut down the system without completing the game. After some debate, I decided I had to replay it instead of simming and accepting whatever the results were. So I felt like I "earned" that loss. Ha

I wasn't about to risk going down 2-0 to a loaded Washington team, and I came out firing in Game 2. Was up 4-0 after one period but wasn't comfortable... so I added 4 more in the 2nd and another 4 in the 3rd. Stolarz lost the shutout late but the damage was done -- a 12-1 massacre and its 1-1 headed to DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 11:19 PM   #266
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
I've played about 10 games in franchise mode, I'm impressed with it, I recently had to go back to tuner 1.01 on my expert franchise settings, cause am trying to play low scoring games and higher goalie save reaction, but on my other settings latest is best for it.

its been great this far.
Good to hear. So you are confident that NHL 18 will be good?
Old 08-25-2017, 02:43 PM   #267
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0

yes!, I think should be better this year, (don't quote me) if it isn't though, am just hoping its gonna be entertaining. I hope its better this year and goalie is better. what I really hope is everything is slightly smoothed upon.

I really like the franchise videos and stuff, how you can be you're 32nd team and create you're own affiliate AHL team, cause I have team names and stuff that I always wanted to create, I don't think everything is that bad, I.. didn't complain about franchise 32nd thing though, this is what am always been hoping for just hope.. am not left disappointed . meaning we can't have everything guys.

Am optimistic about that, lets just say that for now.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:03 AM   #268
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

A pair of 5-3 L's sandwiched a 5-1 W, as the Flyers stared down a 3-2 deficit in Game 6. We rose to the challenge in the road, then sealed the series in a decisive Game 7 by the score of 3-2.

Our reward: a date with the Tampa Bay Lightning in the Eastern Conference Final.

Philly opened home ice with a bang, winning Game 1, 4-3. But an overtime victory and a 6-3 blowout by Tampa had Philly on the ropes in a huge Game 4. The Lightning assaulted the Flyers with shots, dominating the category. But the scoreboard remained knotted at 1-1 late in the 3rd. With a little over 5 minutes remaining, Tampa scored the go ahead goal off a rebound, taking a lead they didn't relinquish. TB added an empty netter to make it a matching 3-1 final score and series lead.

Quote:
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 09-16-2017, 12:57 PM   #269
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

How's your Franchise Mode Going?

The dream is over. After extending the series to 6 games with a Game 5 win in Philly, the Flyers looked to bring it back home in Game 6. But the experienced Lightning were having none of it and closed the series out and punched their tickets to the Cup Finals.

The LA Kings beat them there, claiming their second straight Cup. Elsewhere, Flyers goalie Anthony Stolarz did indeed win the Calder Trophy for rookie of the year, but Detroit's Petr Mrazek won the Vezina.

Not much happened in the offseason for the Flyers. Mainly kept the President's Trophy winning team together and banked on progression from my young studly defensemen. I did off Nick Cousins and a 2nd round pick to Dallas for Jason Spezza. Wanted to solidify that 2nd line center position and traded youth and potential (though I felt it had a lower ceiling) for a year of a proven but aging center. It's Cup or bust this season!

Quote:
Old 09-16-2017, 01:58 PM   #270
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Playing every game thus far, the Houston Hogs are 4-4-1. I love this team and our Marathon Oil Place (arena).

Getting ultra realistic results, have won games in OT, and even lost most recently 8-2! Great variety

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2017, 04:17 PM   #271
Rookie

OVR: 0

Since the 32nd team goes into the Central Division and the Western Conference I decided to make the Kansas City Scout. (I will post jersey pictures later)

Rosters as they were, I will be changing them up

Abdelkader - Soderberg - Berglund
Grabner - Letestu - Jarnkrok
Raffle - Danault - Brown
Ferland - Dzingel - Tierney

Vatanen - Myers
Brodin - Shattenkirk
Cole - Bogosian

Miller
Korpisalo

*Scracthes - Coburn, de Haan, Petrovic

AHL - Saskatoon Mustangs

Notables - Burmistrov, Nestrasil, Jurco, Gaunce, Lilijgren, Subban

I skipped ahead to play the first game of the season, and lost 5-4 to Vegas. Abdelkader took a 5 minute boarding penalty in the first period. Vegas scored two on the PP to take a 2-1 lead. After my lines were all tired, they scored a couple of more, I was outshot 32-7 after two periods. I came back to make it 5-4, hit the post with 30 seconds left and an empty net to tie it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »