Home

How's your Franchise Mode Going?

This is a discussion on How's your Franchise Mode Going? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 11:53 PM   #33
Rookie

HailTheSkins's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's your Franchise Mode Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailTheSkins
Started a created team franchise. CPU teams captains revert to alternate captains when I play them and don't go back.. Wtf. Habs and capitals both now. Restarted franchise without trades and same thing.. Really bugging me visually haha other than that loving this game
Now the oilers as well. Made mcdavid captain before starting franchise and he is now an alternate and they have 3 alternates no captain.. It's going to do this with every team I play
Old 09-20-2016, 06:55 AM   #34
Rookie

How the fcuck do you beat all-star AI using competitive style?

I mean, I beat it sometimes, but it's just with luck. Basically they are superhuman against your teammates.

The all-star AI in competitive style is simply impossible and I'm sure I put up almost 1k hours on NHL 16 offline modes.

I just don't get it, the AI is everywhere, poke checking from every where, blocking every shot, their goalie is inhumane. Meanwhile my teammates miss easy passes for one timers, my defense is broken down by one player, my goalie has 0.767 saving %.

WHAT is going on? I like to play on the online sliders vs. AI, but this is not fun nor realistic nor what it was last year. Every single move I make, the AI can read it and beat me to it twice as fast. They are simply boosted at everything they do.

Then you switch to pro and win 13-1.........
Old 09-20-2016, 07:33 AM   #35
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

Saw your post on Reddit (if that was you), yeah that's the drawback of the NHL devs, they broke all-star and superstar multiple times with patches. Try superstar, I bet it'll be easier than all-star because it was in 16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 08:13 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDShoes
Saw your post on Reddit (if that was you), yeah that's the drawback of the NHL devs, they broke all-star and superstar multiple times with patches. Try superstar, I bet it'll be easier than all-star because it was in 16.
Yeah it was me, I usually spam every NHL forum with my problems if I got one lol

and then I come back later to regret my raging because NHL made me lose my mind yet again

I should try superstar then
Old 09-20-2016, 10:36 AM   #37
Rookie

I went with Florida Panthers and submitted for relocation. We will be the Saskatoon Savages next year. Traded away quite a few players in order to get younger with more growth potential. Now 24 games in and only Barkov has grown at all and even he has only grown by 2 points (not 2 overall). None of my other player have had any growth and it is worrying me. 1/4 into the season I expected some growth. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, any tips on defense? I am giving up 3.15 goals per game and never used to give up more than 2. Luckily I am scoring about 5 per game
Old 09-20-2016, 12:39 PM   #38
Rookie

HailTheSkins's Arena

Is anyone here using a created team for franchise?? All the CPU captains turn to alternates every franchise I play.. Using a created team replacing buffalo.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:53 PM   #39
Rookie

HailTheSkins's Arena

Teams send their captains to ahl for pre season then they come back to nhl and are made an alternate captain instead of captain. Every single team. Wish I could turn off preseason..
Old 09-20-2016, 12:53 PM   #40
Rookie

HailTheSkins's Arena

Update: tried with Washington instead of created team and same thing happens..

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »