Home

Hybrid Controls Question NHL 17

This is a discussion on Hybrid Controls Question NHL 17 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2016, 02:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hybrid Controls Question NHL 17

I use the Hybrid controls for NHL 17 and I have an issue where my player is passing the puck ahead without actually hitting the pass button. I feel like it is connected to the skate/move joystick. As I feel when I push harder on they dont dump off the pass. I never had this issue with NHL 16. Is anyone else having this issue and if so is there a fix? thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: Hybrid Controls Question NHL 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiej86
I use the Hybrid controls for NHL 17 and I have an issue where my player is passing the puck ahead without actually hitting the pass button. I feel like it is connected to the skate/move joystick. As I feel when I push harder on they dont dump off the pass. I never had this issue with NHL 16. Is anyone else having this issue and if so is there a fix? thanks
Many people are having this issue. Shot a video over to them, they say they passed it on to the devs. It's a widespread hybrid-only issue.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwright212
Many people are having this issue. Shot a video over to them, they say they passed it on to the devs. It's a widespread hybrid-only issue.
Good to know its not just me, lol. Kept dumping the puck in, including on a couple of online breakaways. brutal. hopefully they will fix this soon! thanks for the response.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:33 PM   #4
Just started!

Experiencing the same issue! So darn annoying. Any idea when a patch will be released? Did they say?
Old 09-15-2016, 11:44 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 20

Are you guys sure you're not hitting the pass button twice? Because that's when I'm seeing this. Apparently you can queue up a second pass pass now (maybe even a third, haven't tried) and you can also queue your one-timers way earlier than you could before.

Last edited by NEOPARADIGM; 09-15-2016 at 11:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 08:45 AM   #6
Rookie

Is this maybe what u guys are talking about, cause this is happening to me and is the only reason i cant buy NHL 17.. (the rest is good)

I too play Hybrid and this yr, NHL 17 has the checking button switched around from NHL 16. Before it was the SQUARE.. now it's changed to the CIRCLE button. So when i go check someone, if i miss the check, or the puck gets on my stick, my players shoot it away. I hate this..

is this what's happening to anyone here, or is it just me? If it's not just me, will NHL patch this up and bring it back like NHL 16?
Old 09-16-2016, 10:10 AM   #7
Just started!

No, my issue is different. So basically i pass the puck up using the pass button. If i hit the speed burst (pressing down left joystick) the recieveing player shoots the puck ahead...

If i dont press the speed burst button it seems fine. Hitting speed burst should not pass the puck ahead the way it does.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:08 PM   #8
Just started!

Anyone know if this is being fixed anytime soon? Game is unplayable on hybrid controls!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »