Home

How is your BaP Goalie going

This is a discussion on How is your BaP Goalie going within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 05:02 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How is your BaP Goalie going

Thanks. I try it for sure. And after that, a really be happy if you do same for 10 mimutes period
Thanks a lot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 10:59 AM   #26
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

I will keep on trying with 10 minutes then, I just hope I can figure it out,
Old 09-23-2016, 01:30 PM   #27
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

god I was frustrated with ten minutes, that it took my will to figure it out, so here are the adjustments I found that I was able to get through.

attributes effects: 4
broken stick frequency: 35
Pass Assist: 65
Pass Accuracy: CPU: 65 / Human: 65
Pass Interceptions: CPU: 35 / Human: 35
Puck Control: CPU: 35 / Human: 65
Stumble Threshold: 75
Checking/Balance Rating Effect: 86
Poke Checking Power: CPU: 65 / Human: 65
Stick Lift Effectiveness: CPU: 65 / Human: 65
Interference: CPU: 96 / Human: 96
AI Learning: 4
Fight Difficulty: 50
CPU Strategy Adjustment: 1

if you are using 7 minutes as base for 10 minute periods
Old 09-23-2016, 03:16 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm doing better offline. I haven't use any of the slider yet but here's one of my best moment last night

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Symtex/video/21797353
Old 09-23-2016, 03:20 PM   #29
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

I've Added 10 Minute Slider , Be A Pro All-Star: Full Sim Goalie Slider NHL 17 Alternate Two, you'll see it on first page at bottom, have fun all!
Old 09-23-2016, 06:11 PM   #30
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

so I did few stuff to my 10 minute slider alternate two, you can see the adjustments in my thread have fun!
Old 09-23-2016, 06:36 PM   #31
Rookie

jmoney2436's Arena

Only played 2 games so far, 1-1 .900+, ~1.00 GAA

Here's a link to my Be A Pro Series if you're interested >> https://youtu.be/iHIjOkd3wOQ
Tons of goalie tips there as well

I'm rocking Superstar Mode and 4 minute periods as you face a good amount of shots and it keeps the vid relatively short if you go to OT/shootout.

Knowing how the AI works and some of the plays they like to run help make things easier. They like to run the tie up, cross crease play as well as the win to the D-man one touch pass to winger for 1-T. Also helps that they don't do wrap-arounds meaning you rarely have to hold the post letting you play the pass a little bit more making cross saves easier
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 09:19 AM   #32
Rookie

Northernwolf's Arena

Got some time yesterday to play/test some more goalie.
I am getting the hang of some things, but I have found some parts of the game showing nuisances.

First, I'm playing on no tuner, pro level with 2/4 sim, 6 min periods now. No slider changes.
6games in.

Seen no one sided games with this goalie. Each game I have is a tight one. All games are 3-4, 5-4. no low scoring.
Each time there is a power-play I play like a god, very few power play goals go in (only if I do not pay attention or the AI gets lucky), and is one of the main reasons my GAA is not entirely shot to bits.
My biggest issue is this:
Each time my team scores, the AI kicks in and it gets way harder to keep the net clean.
Every time my team lead the game, the AI will do the same thing over and over: Equalize fast and dont let up, and once they score (which they eventually will) calm down. My team will then just go back to hogging the puck and play on the other team's half until we score one, or I give up an out of position trick goal (see below) when my team mates loose the puck.
Once we get into overtime (4 of 6 matches have been OT), I just seem to have harder time keeping the net clean? Is this just me? My AI teammates just don't protect the net anymore..

Im not entirely sure whats going on with this. My new goalie has 5 games played on 6 minute periods and I have lost each of them either in the first minute of OT or in the last minute of 3rd period.
At this point I have no wins as this goalie. Either I completely suck as a goalie right now, or the game is having some issues translating/relating to a human goalie.
It seems the AI on each team is programmed completely the same way and therefore they have the same response input to what is going on in a game but this is just pure speculation.

Im seeing the AI using the same move on me to get me out of position:
First, one of the wingers will skate all the way to the corner side of the rink - goal post, and try to trick-shoot the puck into the goal on the back-line (if Im not blocking this route completely).
Normally the AI picks the glove side of the goal for its winger.
The shot will be almost horizontal to the corner of the goal, and even when I post up, the AI can slide one in, either just before I post up on the back side of my pads or because Im not in Butterfly post.
Now Im so used to this move that instead the AI passes it through - from left to right through my d-man and performs a one timer with his other winger. I can save this with a left trigger move (move faster), but then AI center/ Dman just takes the rebound and scores on an open goal because more than 50% of the time I will be out of position by now.

Tonight I will try to figure this out.
Hoping to soon find the right way to stop these moves.
Im going back to training a bit more, before I try to right the ship.
Im trying to not mess with the sliders so much, but I might try some variations to clean up the trick goals and the puck hogging (and the lack of random shots on my goal)
Hopefully I can manage to win a few games. At least one?
I might go back to the first BaP Goalie and see if things work better there.
Learning by doing so to speak.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »