Home

Throwback Franchise?

This is a discussion on Throwback Franchise? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 12:53 PM   #1
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Throwback Franchise?

I was messing around with Franchise last night and I saw the option to replace current teams with created teams. After that I went into Create-A-Team and saw the option to recreate a bunch of vintage teams with their logos, etc.

Does anyone know if this is only limited to one team in Franchise? Or can I create a bunch of classic teams in Create Mode, then swap them to create a throwback franchise (i.e. replace the Wild with the North Stars, the Coyotes with the Nordiques, etc.).

Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 01:04 PM   #2
Rookie

thibster71's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Throwback Franchise?

Yes you can, I switched Carolina with the Hartford Whalers and Arizona with Las Vegas, then I relocated Florida to Quebec City and that's the team I control.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:07 PM   #3
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Cool, thank you! Can't wait to rebuild the Whalers, Nordiques, North Stars, etc. Heck, I might even go the extra step and put the Kings in their Lakers purple and gold and move them back to the Forum. This is going to be awesome.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:14 PM   #4
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Whats the cap on created teams?

Also whats the cap on created players?
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 09-20-2016, 10:06 PM   #5
Rookie

I did this too.

Colorado Avalanche moved to Seattle Metropolitans (Green and Yellow) Pacific Division

Arizona Coyotes moved to Las Vegas Golden Knights (Black, Yellow, White) Central Division

Florida Panthers moved to Quebec Nordiques (Red, Blue, White) Atlantic Division

Carolina Hurricanes moved to Hartford Whalers (Green, Blue, White, Grey)

Since whichever team you replaces in the NHL it replaces that team in the division, this is why I did it like this, so I could have Las Vegas in the Central and Seattle in the Pacific. I made some pretty slick jerseys for all 4 teams. Loosely basing them off old NHL jerseys but revamped colours and looks. I can take pictures if someone wants to see them.

I will probably start a franchise like this at some point, since I wanted to have Las Vegas involved somehow.

I was also thinking about creating my own league so creating 26 more teams actually in cities like Baltimore, Halifax, Atlanta, Cleveland and making a new league of sorts. I still may do that, it's just a lot of creation work.

I also think you can replace teams with teams from other leagues too. I could be wrong but I THINK so. If that is the case, I may make a World Hockey League and have teams from the Swedish League, NHL original 6, Finnish League, Swiss League and make a world league. Who knows

Edit: Above, you cannot do this. When you choose to replace teams it only lets you choose between Custom and NHL. So I may just make a new NHL. Keep some original 6 and some others and create a bunch more.

I like the customization though this year.

Last edited by baken1925; 09-20-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 01:41 AM   #6
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Okay, this is pretty cool. I've created a few teams so far, the arena options are pretty decent. There's a small scoreboard, you can remove a lot of modern effects and throw some organ music in there for goals, wins, etc. It's not perfect but it's not too bad. With a bit of research I should be able nail the minor details, like seat colors at the Forum.

For the rosters I just added the current players from the current team (i.e. Hurricanes to Whalers). You can then go into Edit Mode and edit that team's players, so I'm giving everyone JOFA helmets and moustaches. Sadly, mullet with no helmet is not an option.

Does anyone else have any equipment tips for getting that perfect throwback look?
Old 09-21-2016, 04:40 AM   #7
MVP

I thought of doing the same but somethings missing without the vintage goalie masks. I wish they would put them back in. A NO helmet option would also be great. Plus the ability to edit players names.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:29 AM   #8
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by baken1925
I did this too.

Colorado Avalanche moved to Seattle Metropolitans (Green and Yellow) Pacific Division

Arizona Coyotes moved to Las Vegas Golden Knights (Black, Yellow, White) Central Division

Florida Panthers moved to Quebec Nordiques (Red, Blue, White) Atlantic Division

Carolina Hurricanes moved to Hartford Whalers (Green, Blue, White, Grey)

Since whichever team you replaces in the NHL it replaces that team in the division, this is why I did it like this, so I could have Las Vegas in the Central and Seattle in the Pacific. I made some pretty slick jerseys for all 4 teams. Loosely basing them off old NHL jerseys but revamped colours and looks. I can take pictures if someone wants to see them.

I will probably start a franchise like this at some point, since I wanted to have Las Vegas involved somehow.

I was also thinking about creating my own league so creating 26 more teams actually in cities like Baltimore, Halifax, Atlanta, Cleveland and making a new league of sorts. I still may do that, it's just a lot of creation work.

I also think you can replace teams with teams from other leagues too. I could be wrong but I THINK so. If that is the case, I may make a World Hockey League and have teams from the Swedish League, NHL original 6, Finnish League, Swiss League and make a world league. Who knows

Edit: Above, you cannot do this. When you choose to replace teams it only lets you choose between Custom and NHL. So I may just make a new NHL. Keep some original 6 and some others and create a bunch more.

I like the customization though this year.
Good stuff, take some pictures.

Also, dang, a world league would have been fun. I would of done that myself.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »