Home

CPU not taking any penalties

This is a discussion on CPU not taking any penalties within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2016, 05:03 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CPU not taking any penalties

I'm starting to think that game speed has an impact on penalties. As soon as I reduce the speed to 2 I basically disable the penalties.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:20 AM   #18
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfpxgalaxy
I'm starting to think that game speed has an impact on penalties. As soon as I reduce the speed to 2 I basically disable the penalties.
I can tell you that's not it because I reduce game speed to 1 and reduce acceleration to 35 and I'm having no issue with penalties, in fact I may be getting too many commuter by the CPU
Old 09-25-2016, 10:43 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I take that back about everything I said in my previous post. This game is so ####ed up when it comes to penalties. I have the global penalty slider set to 1. The CPU checking aggression set to 20. The slashing slider is set to a 20 and a number of other checking or penalty related sliders are also well below the default value of 50. I am 6 minutes into a game and already 7 slashing penalties and an elbowing penalty have been called. The Islanders have four players in the sin bin, and they will be 2 men short for the next 6+ minutes assuming no goals are scored. Oh and I am willing to bet that no goals will be scored because the CPU is absolutely pathetic when it comes to power plays. The CPU plays beer league power plays and trust me the beer is flowing freely.

Yes I acknowledge that NHL 17 is the best the game has ever been. But we are still many many many years away from actual good AI game play. The EA NHL Hockey series has to have the worst AI of all the sports games. There is no way sliders can fix this.
Boy oh boy do I hear you. I LOVE CPU vs CPU games like you do, my issue has been EVERYTHING is lopsided. CPU vs CPU games, and Be A Pro games. I go 8-14-2 to start my BAP career, now I've won 14 straight. Without touching the sliders in my advantage. Just raised shooting for both CPU/Human. Yet I can't lose now. Also, CPU got shut out 5 out of 14 games. As for CPU vs CPU games, it's usually about 5 penalties to 1. I can't seem to get a somewhat even number of PP's. I'd be happy with PP's being 5-3. but 5-1, 6-1, 7-2 isn't realistic. Neither is the stupid CPU averaging a whopping 0.80 goals per game the last 14 in Be A Pro. Don't get why certain things make the CPU play incompetent. On top of that, because the CPU can't score, and my AI teammates are dumb, it's like watching midget hockey. When it DOES work, it's beautiful. 4-3 ot game with 27-26 shots, 26-20 hits, all that good stuff. That was my 1st BAP game. Everything since has been like 2-1, 2-0, 5-1, good luck getting 3, or 4 goals specifically scored.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:34 AM   #20
Rookie

Thumbs up Re: CPU not taking any penalties

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Go punch my penalty sliders into your game...you're welcome. There is no reason for this problem

This ^.

Before I used them, I tested with all pens on max and its a pen fest. Which means EA has fixed the problem. Really hoping fifa is going to bring more sliders.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:48 PM   #21
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

my last three games (8min periods) i've given up 23 powerplays (14 in one game) and i've had 3 powerplays.

in general i take a ton, and the cpu very, very rarely.

it's pretty much the only thing frustrating me other than I somehow keep mashing my buttons in goal mouth scrambles and pulling my goalie.

does anyone know what the controls are to pull the goalie?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »