Home

why are people not satisfied

This is a discussion on why are people not satisfied within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2016, 05:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
why are people not satisfied

Right I have played every game from the start even the old pc games and I play gm\franchise mode only but I get very frustrated with people who continue to moan about this version. Offline you can use the sliders and change allmost every thing ( this is what every one asked for and they gave us it) so if the game dont play right just fiddle till you get it right. I have played about 25 hours so far and nearly got it as I want it. Its a game after all, I buy quite a few games for both xbox and pc and not one has ever been perfect. I just wish people were more constructive and grow up. This is not a bad game at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 08:51 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: why are people not satisfied

I don't get it either man. Best hockey game I've ever played, and I go all the way back to Ice Hockey on NES.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:01 AM   #3
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

I'll say this, it's obviously tough for EA to satisfy everyone, but a lot of complaints and or gripes have been issues dating back to 09/10. I think some people are just finally fed up.

I dunno, I have been one of the series biggest critics over the years and find this years game offline more enjoyable than ever. Just have to find the right balance slider wise. Which was easy for me this year after playing on superstar hardcore default (road games) and all star hardcore default (home games) last year.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 10-01-2016, 10:04 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster1
Right I have played every game from the start even the old pc games and I play gm\franchise mode only but I get very frustrated with people who continue to moan about this version. Offline you can use the sliders and change allmost every thing ( this is what every one asked for and they gave us it) so if the game dont play right just fiddle till you get it right. I have played about 25 hours so far and nearly got it as I want it. Its a game after all, I buy quite a few games for both xbox and pc and not one has ever been perfect. I just wish people were more constructive and grow up. This is not a bad game at all.
Why are you so concerned with what others think? Why should this impact your impression or enjoyment with the product?

And there are no slider options for online players. Online, which is all I play, is by far the worst it has ever been, imo. But thanks for telling me that I'm wrong and that everything is great.

I "sold" this awful game on eBay, but the jerk didn't pay. So I still have it and get talked into playing club every so often. Each time I turn it on I end up swearing it will be last. There is hardly a redeeming quality to the online gameplay.

But hey, maybe I should just "grow up". Forget everything I know from 30 years of hockey and accept this excuse and attelmpt at whatever this digital representation of the sport I love is supposed to be. Great attitude to have.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:12 AM   #5
Rookie

Wrist shot top glove side cheese online makes this game boring. What happened to the slap shot going in as I go up the boards? It was there is the beta.

Online the game feels one dimensional and yes one timers work but as a casual hockey fan I'd say not enough variety in scoring online. Cheesing is rewarded.

I'm going to try offline career today with sliders to see if I get some variety but I wish that variety was there in EASHL.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 09:57 PM   #6
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

Legacy issues. Anyone whose played the series since 07 can pick the same old stuff going on. Sliders help but it takes so long hunting for a good set and why should I have to spend my time "making" the game when I've paid the guys who've made it to give me a good game already made?
Old 10-02-2016, 02:04 AM   #7
Pro

There are definitely some issues that have persisted for years now and, I personally, still wish that the player likeness would catch up with other sports titles in 2017 (definitely not the biggest of lingering issues by any means, just something I really would love to see), but I have to be completely honest and say that this is far and away the best hockey experience I've ever laid hands on. I'm honestly thrilled with how much of an improvement this game plays as, despite having no overtly groundbreaking additions. I haven't been this happy with a game since the very first introduction of the skill stick and, while nothing in this edition is as large of a change as going from face buttons to the skill stick was, this game is a better overall hockey game than any they've previously made.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:30 AM   #8
Rookie

I myself think the sliders are kind of a cop out.

As in, the devs can't property tune the game, so they'll leave it up to us.
Just make everything adjustable!

So now, when someone has a problem with the game play...hey, its your fault, just adjust the sliders!

Thing is, I didn't buy the game to play "find the tuner you like"
I just want to play some hockey.

Is it madden that allows people to upload rosters and tuner sets to make it easier for people to share? Could have sworn I saw that feature years ago...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »