Home

Number vs Quality of shots

This is a discussion on Number vs Quality of shots within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2016, 05:15 PM   #1
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Number vs Quality of shots

So I wanted to know from the Vets around here. What is more important to you? And why it is? Because I've won both types of games. But I wanted to know from some opinions.

I also would like to know people opinion on hit stats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 07:01 PM   #2
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Number vs Quality of shots

Really, i prefer quality shots over quantity, but quantity can win you games, too, depending on those shots becoming rebound chances and/or deflections. Too many variables to give a definitive answer on that.

With hits, I don't get too wrapped up in that. So long as stats for scoring, penalties, face off percentage, etc have reasonable variance, I'm fine. People often complain the CPU doesn't hit enough--with my sliders, that simply isn't true. Are there games where the CPU only registers 10-20 hits? Yup. However, I have just as many games where the CPU hits me 30+ times.

And I have video evidence for that.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:26 PM   #3
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Really, i prefer quality shots over quantity, but quantity can win you games, too, depending on those shots becoming rebound chances and/or deflections. Too many variables to give a definitive answer on that.

With hits, I don't get too wrapped up in that. So long as stats for scoring, penalties, face off percentage, etc have reasonable variance, I'm fine. People often complain the CPU doesn't hit enough--with my sliders, that simply isn't true. Are there games where the CPU only registers 10-20 hits? Yup. However, I have just as many games where the CPU hits me 30+ times.

And I have video evidence for that.
Thanks! Could you post it? Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2016, 09:31 PM   #4
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...al-thread.html

That's my dynasty thread here on the hockey dynasty forums...as you can see, each game has a video highlight package. After the first one, they all have game stats at the end of them where you can view the hitting stats. Sometimes I get hit 8 times, then 15, then 35, then 20, and so on and so forth. I like it.

Its variety, you know...that thing we've been wanting for years. lol Enjoy.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:55 PM   #5
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Sorry, the game stats are at the end of each summary starting at game 16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 10:48 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Sometimes I get hit 8 times, then 15, then 35, then 20, and so on and so forth.
Seeing the same thing. At first I was concerned that I was trouncing the AI in hits, sometimes as absurd an advantage as 40-2, but then I started seeing games where it was 32-28, 25-20, etc., without changing sliders or doing anything really different. I might glance at it but don't really care at this point.

As for quality vs. quantity shots: depends on my mood. Sometimes when the offense just isn't clicking I'll go balls-out and try to get 55 shots, like screw it. More often however I like to hold the puck, make as many passes as possible, tire out the defense, and look for quality chances. 4 goals on 22 shots feels miles better than 2 goals on 44 shots.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:30 AM   #7
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

I go by both quality and quantity depending on positioning. If i have the puck at the point, 9out of 10 times I shoot. I don't shoot if I see a huge patch of ice or a winger wide open. If I have a skilled offensive line on the ice, it's about quality. If I have 3rd or 4th liners it's about quantity.

It also depends on the makeup of the roster and their attributes. If I have a grinder and he's parked in front, I shoot it low for a deflection or rebound. If I have a line of guys with high offensive awareness and hand eye, same thing. If I am controlling a playmaker and have a sniper or two on the ice, it's time to cycle until I find the sniper some space. Then I let her rip.

Last edited by Cletus; 10-15-2016 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:15 PM   #8
Pro

stevostl's Arena

OVR: 0

I just played my first HUT game online vs another guy I think playing his first...

I out shot him by double.. I had like 24 shots to his 12 and he still won the game like 4 - 1

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »