Home

NHL 17 - What Are You Playing More: Offline or Online Modes?

This is a discussion on NHL 17 - What Are You Playing More: Offline or Online Modes? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: NHL 17 - What Are You Playing More: Offline or Online Modes?
Offline Modes. 75 79.79%
Online Modes. 11 11.70%
A bit of both. 8 8.51%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2016, 04:35 PM   #9
OuttaNaptown

punx317's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 17 - What Are You Playing More: Offline or Online Modes?

EASHL and HUT only
Old 11-28-2016, 02:21 PM   #10
Rookie

Orrad's Arena

I play completely offline.

I am currently playing through 3 BAP's.

1: Center Playmaker in the WHL.
2: Right Wing Two Way Forward in the OHL.
3: Left Wing Sniper in the QMJHL.

Trying to see who gets drafted the highest.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:16 AM   #11
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrad

I only play offline also. Am new to BAP.

Can you help me with something? I understand in training how to select what I focus on. What I dont really get is how to get faster, Acceleration, Speed, Agility and balance. I do the trainings but it isnt really going up. I am 16 and in first season of CHL WHL. My question is does it increase as I get older? I am fast enough to play in CHL and my other abilities seem go up fast but 75 speed and acceleration is too slow for NHL. Granted I have two seasons left in CHL but it seems like if it stays increasing at this rate I will be at 80 if lucky more likely still in the 70's and playing against guys in the 90 speed area. As a central forward not sure if it will work. Any help or explination is appreciated.
i want to play BAP but will go back to Franchise if it is just how it works that a BAP is slow. Not sure I want to put the time in if there is no way to get my speed, acceleration ect.. into at least the mid 80's. My shooting is almost there and my build is playmaker. Only things not really going up are Skating skills and Strength but I dont check well so the strength thing I get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2016, 06:51 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 16

I realize not many have voted yet, but find it amazing that so far about 80% play offline, yet EA always focuses their attention on the online aspect of the game.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:26 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
I realize not many have voted yet, but find it amazing that so far about 80% play offline, yet EA always focuses their attention on the online aspect of the game.
The offline in this game is really quite good. Better than I've seen since what I feel must be at least 2010.

I've gotten burned bad several times doing dumb stuff and could see...oh yeah, i totally gave that goal up. Of course sometimes a pissoff snipe that trickles in off the blocker or just seems to get dropped for no good reason goes in, but at a much more acceptable level.

I feel a lot more agency in this game than I did in NHL16, which I only had because of an EA Access trial. The difference is huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck
I only play offline also. Am new to BAP.

Can you help me with something? I understand in training how to select what I focus on. What I dont really get is how to get faster, Acceleration, Speed, Agility and balance. I do the trainings but it isnt really going up. I am 16 and in first season of CHL WHL. My question is does it increase as I get older? I am fast enough to play in CHL and my other abilities seem go up fast but 75 speed and acceleration is too slow for NHL. Granted I have two seasons left in CHL but it seems like if it stays increasing at this rate I will be at 80 if lucky more likely still in the 70's and playing against guys in the 90 speed area. As a central forward not sure if it will work. Any help or explination is appreciated.
i want to play BAP but will go back to Franchise if it is just how it works that a BAP is slow. Not sure I want to put the time in if there is no way to get my speed, acceleration ect.. into at least the mid 80's. My shooting is almost there and my build is playmaker. Only things not really going up are Skating skills and Strength but I dont check well so the strength thing I get.
I've noticed that training (in NHL16 anyway) has a larger effect during the off season and you have more time every week to train. This is a good boost to things.
Old 12-12-2016, 08:34 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I think the online side of things (EASHL wise) took a huge hit when it got left out on NHL 15. Last check on NHL 14 (xbox 360) they had 95,000 EASHL teams. Now only about 28,000 (xbox one).

That's a lot of people who either have moved on from that mode or just don't buy it anymore?
I did not purchase NHL 15 & 16 after they canned the EASHL. I picked it up this year, but none of the guys I had played with have come back. I play EASHL drop-ins but miss playing on a team.

For the most part I have been playing offline, with a little bit of online.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:58 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

It's funny. As I get older, I have had less and less time to use on video games. I still like video games but, there are few things in life that are more frustrating that getting absolutely *** pounded by a player online. If you really care about something, you'll practice and get better but, there just isn't enough time in the day to devote to practicing.

Offline is where I sit now. It's fun and quick and fits my schedule. I can actually pause a game, stand up, and go deal with house **** for a minute.

My real hope is that one day, EA will cater to offline folks in a bigger way. With my generation hitting their 30s and having kids, jobs etc. There has to be a larger amount of people than in previous years who are video game fans and sports game fans but, don't have the time or interest in competing online. NBA 2k and the Show both provide excellent offline options for their base. Maybe one day, EA will find a way to make some decent money providing quality offline stuff too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2017, 07:51 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrad

Do you play BAP often? I'm stuck because I'm getting tired of my teammates passing to me 24/7 like I have to touch the puck every other pass or the team will get penalized. I'd love them to just pass to each other and not force passes to me..

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »