Home

NHL 17 Trade Discussion

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Trade Discussion within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2017, 03:57 PM   #25
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 17 Trade Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
Jagr was traded to Nashville in my franchise as well for two players, pertty sure Allard was one of them
HAHA... that's odd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2017, 05:59 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0

so to take a break from my main franchise (with leafs where i play every game)

i started up one with the blues to sim and just play playoffs, trade deadline of year one comes and the team is out of it (injuries killed us)

so in that situation i decided realistically they would probably deal Shattenkirk since his contract was up and he wasn't performing anyway... got an offer the day before the deadline

To Boston:
Kevin Shattenkirk
Stl 3rd 2017

To St Louis: Brendan Carlo (good potential)
Bos 1st 2017
Bos 1st 2018
Old 01-26-2017, 12:31 PM   #27
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirdViper
so to take a break from my main franchise (with leafs where i play every game)

i started up one with the blues to sim and just play playoffs, trade deadline of year one comes and the team is out of it (injuries killed us)

so in that situation i decided realistically they would probably deal Shattenkirk since his contract was up and he wasn't performing anyway... got an offer the day before the deadline

To Boston:
Kevin Shattenkirk
Stl 3rd 2017

To St Louis: Brendan Carlo (good potential)
Bos 1st 2017
Bos 1st 2018
Not a bad trade.. I'm keeping Shatty due to the playoff run I'm trying to get to. He's been good for me and I'd hate to lose him in the playoffs.. which are going to be a fight as it's very close with about 20 games left.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:39 PM   #28
Pro

i would of kept him if we had made the playoffs but i try to keep things semi realistic, missing playoffs, pending ufa, made sense to deal him
Old 04-06-2017, 10:44 PM   #29
Just started!

Hey y'all. This is my first yr playing NHL since ps2. So it's been awhile. I am currently in a Franchise with the Bruins.

To clear up cap space I traded David Kreji & Tukka Rask. I wanted to get an up & coming stud & a defenseman in return. Luckily I found a suitor in Buff who I was able to get Eichel & Ristolinan from in return. Which was good I got Ristolinan since Chara retired at end of season 1. To start 2nd season I gave up a couple future 1sts to go with Wennberg-Signed as FA after season 1 for Auston Matthews

So my second line is Eichel at C, with Pastarnak & Matthews playing in the wings. I am in middle of second season now and although I no longer have a goalie like Rask. I got lucky in the draft and got a goalie named Dan Boyce who is projected as elite who is a 70ovr. So he & Subban-also projected as an elite- are in a time share and the Boyce kid is making a case for full-time Goalie.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:52 PM   #30
Just started!

I tried flipping Subban, Mathews, Krug & like 3 future firsts for Mcdavid and a couple scrubs. But guess that wasn't enough. I surely thought it would be.

But Other than those 2 trades I stated above. I've had a real hard time making trades. Just gotta get used to NHL cuz 11st rounders are nowhere near as valuable as in Madden. That's been my experience anyways. Maybe it's been different for others who have played both idk. Glad I picked back up NHL. Gave me something else fun to do besides football. Been a lot of fun
Old 04-09-2017, 03:21 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAAFBall00
Don't want to give up any Secrets for my Dynasty that i will be posting... Something happens to Florida and their players with my idea but was wondering brendan Gallagher someone like him 85/86ov i tried to package say Riley Smith who is the same overall as him and a 2nd round raft pick and one of my farm players who was 78/79 overall and they still rejected it... are trades that harder in NHL 17 now adays or Montreal not wanting to trade him
The trading system is pretty clunky. If you want fair trades that help both teams, without overpaying, you basically have to give them only assets that they want in exchange of assets they're ready to get rid of.

I once traded a young prospect, a 1st and a 2nd to Florida for Aaron Ekblad and they rejected my offer because they didn't want my prospect. I took him out of the deal and they accepted.

In other words, it's as if Toronto refused to traded Matthews to Montreal for Sergachev, a 1st and a 2nd, but accepted for the picks only. This game is garbagio.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2017, 06:25 PM   #32
Pro

So in a Franchise with the Jets, its year 2 and I sit with a 21-23-4 record near the end of January when a trade offer pops up from the Islanders:

Jets:
2018 1st
2018 2nd
Jansen Harkins

Islanders:
John Tavares

now normally I try to keep my franchises realistic (unless I do a Fantasy Draft, but the idea of Tavares centering Laine was too good to pass up

managed to get them to tack on a 5th, 6th, and 7th as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »