Home

Defenseman fatigue issue

This is a discussion on Defenseman fatigue issue within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2016, 09:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Defenseman fatigue issue

Typically in previous versions the 3 defenseman lines wouldn't fatigue as fast as the 4 forward lines. Am I the only one that is having an issue with this years version with the defenseman fatiguing as fast or faster than the forwards? It seems that once I'm about halfway through the period (maybe sooner) my three D pairings barely get their get their fatigue bars out of the red before the next shift for the next pair. And forget about getting even close to the fatigue bar getting up to the 50% mark. And if they have to go on the PK I'm completely screwed. There's been times in the first period I've got to burn my TO because they're so gassed. Anyone else noticing this? I don't ever remember it being this drastic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2016, 09:49 PM   #2
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Defenseman fatigue issue

I've noticed.. at least on full sim 4/4 that fatigue is much different than last years game. I'm not really sure I notice my players slower.. but I do notice they are in the yellow/red about halfway or sooner through the period.

Kind of like it, actually.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:24 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm still playing 16 and I have exact same problem. I have edited fatique sliders to be more realistic and there aren't any problems with forwards fatique but defense (especially pk D) runs out of stamina way before forwards.

Btw does 17 still have only 2 pk units?
Old 10-24-2016, 06:57 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I've noticed.. at least on full sim 4/4 that fatigue is much different than last years game. I'm not really sure I notice my players slower.. but I do notice they are in the yellow/red about halfway or sooner through the period.

Kind of like it, actually.
Yeah, I'm playing on full sim, maybe that's why it seems so different. Don't remember if played full sim on '16 or not. I'll try knocking it down a notch
Old 10-26-2016, 03:44 PM   #5
Pro

Hiya Maxatlof
Sorry I posted the below topic without seeing you original post.

Another thing that puzzles me is the bizarre randomness of Players Endurance....I have seen 4th liners with 84...yet some Top 6 D Men 82.....I am thinking of doing a scale roll back on the Players Endurance attributes
What do think...something like 72- 75 for 3rd/4th liners? 78-82 for 1st/2nd liners....Top 4 D men 85 6th & 7th D 82...(but keep the Elite players as they are?)
Any thoughts guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2016, 12:49 AM   #6
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm having this problem as well where midway through the periods, all 3 of my D pairings are completely gassed and it seems like they barely even recover

I'm thinking about just boosting the endurance of all the D-men on my team...not sure what else can be done
Old 12-10-2016, 05:25 PM   #7
Rookie

robinson's Arena

OVR: 0

Custom AI team settings or back skating to 40/45.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:11 PM   #8
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2

My opinion is only about full sim, I haven't played on the other settings.

Here are some factors to consider:

If you are using the hustle button a lot, it's going to tax your players that much more. Therefore, if you play with your defensemen as you do your forwards, they're going to tire more so because they are on the ice 1/3 more than the forwards.

The reason NHL defensemen can log 30 minutes of TOI, is not because they have superior conditioning, it's because their skating dynamics do not peak nearly as much as a forwards' does. It doesn't mean you can't occasionally rush with a d-man, but if you're up and down the ice with them and over doing it with the hustle button, there are going to be consequences.

Another factor, that probably gets overlooked, is strategy settings. If you were to leave the settings on max high pressure, your players would tire much more quickly. If you were to adjust to a defensive posture after getting a lead, as the CPU DOES, you'll find there is more economy in your energy. Real life teams can't play full throttle every game. Lucky for us this will not carry over to the next game as it would in real life.

Try setting the 'human strategy adjustment' to match the cpu's. This will show you how the cpu manages the game. You can leave it on this setting or adapt your own based on your roster personnel. If you're trailing in games a lot, you'll find more aggressive strategies being used and your players are more subject to fatigue.

You don't really need to use the hustle button that much anyway. The game is spread too wide north and south for it to be that much of an advantage when playing against the cpu.

Also, even if your players are in the 'yellow or red', it doesn't appear they won't be able to skate. But I am seeing that they are more prone to making mistakes and falling out of position. It's hard to say because I've seen stupid plays by the AI with fresh players. Who really knows what's going on?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »