Home

Is NHL 17 Still Worth the Full Price of Entry?

This is a discussion on Is NHL 17 Still Worth the Full Price of Entry? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2016, 10:22 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Is NHL 17 Still Worth the Full Price of Entry?

The NHL season is in full swing, and we've already witnessed some fantastic hockey early in the season, especially from the rookies and younger players in the league (I'm no Leafs fan but Auston Matthews is a BEAST).

Over a month into its cycle, we're also experiencing some great gameplay from NHL 17. The developers have made sure to stay on top of delivering a solid and fluid experience for folks new and old.

Now that we're more than a month into the game, let's take a look and see if NHL 17 is still worth your dollars.

Read More - Is NHL 17 Still Worth the Full Price of Entry?
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2016, 10:27 AM   #2
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
Gonna skip this iteration and wait for frostbite next year. Got 16 last year and I'm still happy with that game, still on my year 1 of gm mode haha. But next year seems to hold a lot of changes regarding the nhl; Adidas, Vegas team, etc. So NHL 18 has a lot of things that im looking forward to
Old 11-01-2016, 10:53 AM   #3
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
I have to say. It ALL depends IF you like the sport and even moreso IF you WATCH the sport...

Games Like Rugby Challange Lacrosse fit in the same category for me.

Hockey ISN'T my favorite sport or is it a sport i actually follow. But I'm all for realism and playing nHL 17 thru the EAAcess trial I saw that NHL 17 IS a quality tile.

Worth the 59.99? Ehhhhh Worth the 53.99? Ehhhh can't say, but maybe the fact that i havent gotten yet means I don't think its worth it.

Again I'd love to get another rugby game or even partake in the lacrosse game BUT theyre STILL 59.99 which can only mean they ARE popular enough to warrant NO price drop.

But here's another thing. it's good to play sports games when the actual season is going. Often too many times I get MLB The Show play it the month of release April and then I get bored.

I think its best to enjoy sports game along with the actual sport. watch a real life match/game and THEN dabble in the video game counterpart. That way you can have a connection the way aybe say multiplayer does with your favorite GEARS OF WAR game...

All this said.

NHL 17 is fantastic and is better than any other NHL game before it MINUS the fact it has no winter classic or outdoor pond mode(I know I know not THAT realistic)

Wait I'd like a NHL Street now come to think of it
Old 11-01-2016, 11:06 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is NHL 17 Still Worth the Full Price of Entry?

Absolutely not. The current gen/next gen NHL series is in dire need of a facelift from presentation to the implementation of the Frostbite physics engine. When I play 2K17, I notice the changes (gradual to dramatic) from 2K16. Same goes for MLB the Show. I don't get that feeling with NHL.
MLB: New York Mets
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
Old 11-01-2016, 01:39 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

This game will never be worth 60 bucks to me till we get GM Connected back (with custom season length of course). I may get it if there is a good holiday sale price.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2016, 02:01 PM   #6
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

This is coming from a Rookie. I usually play 2k waaay more then any game during the year. But because of 2k's slowest with roster updates. I have been playing NHL 17 hardcore.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawk826
Absolutely not. The current gen/next gen NHL series is in dire need of a facelift from presentation to the implementation of the Frostbite physics engine. When I play 2K17, I notice the changes (gradual to dramatic) from 2K16. Same goes for MLB the Show. I don't get that feeling with NHL.
mlb does not give me that feeling
Old 11-01-2016, 03:22 PM   #8
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I think its worth it. Good game this year. I'm enjoying it
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »