Home

Jersey Updates - patch

This is a discussion on Jersey Updates - patch within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2016, 09:16 AM   #9
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Jersey Updates - patch

I wouldn't hold my breath on roster share but it would be nice. I thought I could finally start my season after the last roster update but it seemed to delete more players than add lol. I'm also hoping for a fix for the idiotic deflections. I don't know why I buy this game on release day. I try it out see if it's playable then it sits for months waiting on patches and a proper roster, which by the way this is by far the longest I've had to wait to start a season. I can't even kill time with online, it's just awful. I just tried Draft Champions again...3rd time and it's the same garbage. My over all 94 goalie gives up 3 goals on first 3 shots all floaters from the blue line and I rage quit.

NHL possibly the best offline experience to date if they patch a few things and the worst online experience ever.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:37 AM   #10
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I wouldn't hold my breath on roster share but it would be nice. I thought I could finally start my season after the last roster update but it seemed to delete more players than add lol. I'm also hoping for a fix for the idiotic deflections. I don't know why I buy this game on release day. I try it out see if it's playable then it sits for months waiting on patches and a proper roster, which by the way this is by far the longest I've had to wait to start a season. I can't even kill time with online, it's just awful. I just tried Draft Champions again...3rd time and it's the same garbage. My over all 94 goalie gives up 3 goals on first 3 shots all floaters from the blue line and I rage quit.

NHL possibly the best offline experience to date if they patch a few things and the worst online experience ever.
I'm with you.. it stinks having to wait to start a real franchise and it's never had this many bugs.. captaincy issue, players set not to fight, deflections that are horrible... maybe this can patch an existing franchise, but I'm not taking time to start and then have to possibly start over.

I'm just frustrated... as I had a good one going, but scrapped it.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:09 PM   #11
Rookie

I wonder if they'll put in any if the outdoor jerseys again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2016, 06:15 PM   #12
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

I'd like to see them add more goalie equipment, like the new Vaughn V7 pads, blocker, etc
Old 11-18-2016, 03:22 AM   #13
Rookie

I also would like to see them add anniversary patches. Many teams have them on their sweaters this season and I imagine adding them (i.e. adding the patch on the sweater textures) would take about five minutes per team.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #14
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I'm with you.. it stinks having to wait to start a real franchise and it's never had this many bugs.. captaincy issue, players set not to fight, deflections that are horrible... maybe this can patch an existing franchise, but I'm not taking time to start and then have to possibly start over.

I'm just frustrated... as I had a good one going, but scrapped it.
I think that's one of the more frustrating parts with EA. There's stuff in game, that if turned over to the fan base could be beautifully done. Jerseys, player likenesses, rosters...all of that could be well done by the community if we just had the tools to create and share them.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:56 PM   #15
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I can't believe this isn't resolved yet (as well as numerous other issues like the captains glitch, and more serious gameplay issues like the props blocking view, etc...). I get the small dev team excuse and everything, but this series really needs to rebuild a favorable view in its user base.

One of the reasons Rammer gave for the NHL 15 feature gutting was a very "legacy code base" that made things clunky and difficult to fix, or troublesome when adding content to the game. He said they rebuilt a lot of it to streamline development and support.

In the end, it doesn't feel like they achieved this at all. It still takes them months at a time to update things, and a lot of reversion bugs still creep up in every version that were fixed the year before or sometimes bugs that had been fixed years ago on last gen.

I know part of this is on the MS and Sony first party cert process, and EA allocating dev resources to NHL 18, but despite any of this—being understanding about small dev team, limited resources, and all that—we just need better from the devs with this game post-launch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2016, 03:13 PM   #16
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I can't believe this isn't resolved yet (as well as numerous other issues like the captains glitch, and more serious gameplay issues like the props blocking view, etc...). I get the small dev team excuse and everything, but this series really needs to rebuild a favorable view in its user base.

One of the reasons Rammer gave for the NHL 15 feature gutting was a very "legacy code base" that made things clunky and difficult to fix, or troublesome when adding content to the game. He said they rebuilt a lot of it to streamline development and support.

In the end, it doesn't feel like they achieved this at all. It still takes them months at a time to update things, and a lot of reversion bugs still creep up in every version that were fixed the year before or sometimes bugs that had been fixed years ago on last gen.

I know part of this is on the MS and Sony first party cert process, and EA allocating dev resources to NHL 18, but despite any of this—being understanding about small dev team, limited resources, and all that—we just need better from the devs with this game post-launch.
Well said... at least fix the bugs that don't allow to play a specific mode. I mean, some might not care about captaincy issue or all players set to no fighting.. but it kills the game for many of us. Heck, if they would just let us know a current franchise can be patched/or not, that would make me happy. At least I would know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »