Home

Relocation Questions

This is a discussion on Relocation Questions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2016, 03:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Relocation Questions

Just purchased the NHl17 today for 50 bucks after tax for black friday special and just had questions about the relocation in this years game

a) when relocating a current NHL team is it best to do it soon as you start franchise or end of the season like how does it work?

b) when u relocate can u change divisions like i want to bring back Quebec and put them with Montreal so would i have to replace someone in their division or can it be any team in the east?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2016, 04:40 PM   #2
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Relocation Questions

Not sure on relocation. But you can create a team and replace any team when starting your franchise. So you can do just what your talking about that way.

I took Winnipeg and changed them out to Memphis before starting my franchise. I also created Atlanta I place of Calgary and switched them with Minnesota kinda like you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2016, 12:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Ball_Bag's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAAFBall00
Just purchased the NHl17 today for 50 bucks after tax for black friday special and just had questions about the relocation in this years game

a) when relocating a current NHL team is it best to do it soon as you start franchise or end of the season like how does it work?

b) when u relocate can u change divisions like i want to bring back Quebec and put them with Montreal so would i have to replace someone in their division or can it be any team in the east?

a) You can do either. Just make sure the option is turned ON at the start. I prefer to do it when I start a franchise.

b) You can't realign or change divisions. Whatever team you replace, that's where you're staying. I brought back the Nordiques and replaced the Panthers. I also used the entire Panthers roster for my team rather than using free agents.

And I would have thought you could've had the game for cheaper than $50 by now...
Old 11-26-2016, 12:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball_Bag
a) You can do either. Just make sure the option is turned ON at the start. I prefer to do it when I start a franchise.

b) You can't realign or change divisions. Whatever team you replace, that's where you're staying. I brought back the Nordiques and replaced the Panthers. I also used the entire Panthers roster for my team rather than using free agents.

And I would have thought you could've had the game for cheaper than $50 by now...
it was 56 and change after tax at my local walmart.. yah what i wanted to do is take the free agents and build my NHL team and AHL team around them... and have no players related for Florida on it.. can you release prospects rights in franchise mode?
Old 11-26-2016, 02:18 PM   #5
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAAFBall00
it was 56 and change after tax at my local walmart.. yah what i wanted to do is take the free agents and build my NHL team and AHL team around them... and have no players related for Florida on it.. can you release prospects rights in franchise mode?

When I did my team as a create-a-team, I created players for my roster. I then put all my players on Winnipeg and put those players in free agency. Then, when swapping out teams, I had my players and the Winnipeg players were free agents. And if you want in another division, just do a double swap. I'm not sure what you really get by doing the actual relocation as compared to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »