Home

PLEASE help my friends

This is a discussion on PLEASE help my friends within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2016, 05:20 PM   #1
Rookie

baseball_fever's Arena

OVR: 0
PLEASE help my friends

How do I get the newest updated roster to remain as my roster when I enter a new franchise. Every time I start a new franchise, the roster seems to reset to some old awful version.

I feel like I missing something easy here?

Please help guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 06:07 PM   #2
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Re: PLEASE help my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball_fever
How do I get the newest updated roster to remain as my roster when I enter a new franchise. Every time I start a new franchise, the roster seems to reset to some old awful version.

I feel like I missing something easy here?

Please help guys
In the roster section make sure to set the new roster as active and when you start a new franchise select use current roster.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:14 PM   #3
Rookie

baseball_fever's Arena

I think thats where the issue is. The option to say "Use current roster" doesn't seem to be there.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:09 PM   #4
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
I think thats where the issue is. The option to say "Use current roster" doesn't seem to be there.
I only play season mode and in years past that option was there and I may be confusing past releases but if it's set as your active roster in the roster section it should be there when you launch a franchise
Old 11-29-2016, 12:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

From the game's main menu, navigate to the active rosters option through the customize tab. Select the latest roster, exit that menu, then start your game mode. The game will use the selected roster to begin the mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2017, 09:04 PM   #6
Rookie

baseball_fever's Arena

Okay sooo, I have STILL not resolved this issue. I played a season with a fantasy draft because of this problem, but now I want the REAL updated rosters.

What the heck am I doing wrong??

I go to active rosters, and I have downloaded the latest one (December 15th I believe) I then enter a franchise mode. Set up my GM name and go through all those other initial options, and then I enter my franchise. I go to edit lines and they are back to the lines from the start of Sept!! Lupul on the leafs second line, Datsyuk on Arizona.

So frustrating.

Any ideas guys?
Old 01-03-2017, 10:32 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Okay sooo, I have STILL not resolved this issue. I played a season with a fantasy draft because of this problem, but now I want the REAL updated rosters.

What the heck am I doing wrong??

I go to active rosters, and I have downloaded the latest one (December 15th I believe) I then enter a franchise mode. Set up my GM name and go through all those other initial options, and then I enter my franchise. I go to edit lines and they are back to the lines from the start of Sept!! Lupul on the leafs second line, Datsyuk on Arizona.

So frustrating.

Any ideas guys?
Because of the NHL and it's salary cap, those guys are still on the rosters of their teams. The CPU logic doesn't understand the loopholes, and the CPU controlled teams will always use best lines to create their rosters, which puts those guys back in play. What many of us do is prior to entering the game mode, go into the player movement option under rosters and move those guys to a roster not used in franchise or season mode (ECHL, International, etc.) For some reason, I always put them on Team Japan. Off the top of my head, the following guys need to be moved: Datsuyk and Pronger from Arizona, Lupul and Horton from Toronto, Savard and Clowe from New Jersey, Vitale from Detroit (can even move Franzen technically). There's also some guys in Free Agency that should be moved, but most aren't good enough to be signed by the CPU and will retire at the end of season one.

That should solve the problem you have.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:21 AM   #8
Rookie

baseball_fever's Arena

Thank you so much! I will try this!

Very kind of you to take the time to explain this!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »