Home

The Psychology of Sliders: How the Community is Changing NHL 17

This is a discussion on The Psychology of Sliders: How the Community is Changing NHL 17 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2016, 09:28 PM   #25
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: The Psychology of Sliders: How the Community is Changing NHL 17

Last year I settled on hardcore all star and superstar. No adjustments because of the slider glitches etc.

This year I haven't run into the glitches with the skating like last year and I have been having fun. Sticking to my forumula in my slider thread keeps the game semi default, but with some realistic elements.

I have found a happy medium this year.

I use my sliders on all star for home games and my sliders on superstar for road games.

Doing so gives me games where I can completely dominate and others where I get my butt handed to me. Good times.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2016, 05:53 PM   #26
Rookie

robinson's Arena

OVR: 0

More options, more people happy.

Its good to have sliders because they can create so many different game play. As a lot of them are intertwined which each other.

I like the 0-100 better because even though its a lot more difficult to get sliders adjusted and finetuned. It allows more ways of creating the style you like personally.

We are still adjusting to get it better as we go along. What nice is to sample what the other good slider creators are using/sampling themselves to make your better or to find thing you wernt necessarily looking for at the time.

Still working on that wicked two way hockey slider set that's realistic and feels good like your on ice.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:52 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinson
More options, more people happy.

Its good to have sliders because they can create so many different game play. As a lot of them are intertwined which each other.

I like the 0-100 better because even though its a lot more difficult to get sliders adjusted and finetuned. It allows more ways of creating the style you like personally.

We are still adjusting to get it better as we go along. What nice is to sample what the other good slider creators are using/sampling themselves to make your better or to find thing you wernt necessarily looking for at the time.

Still working on that wicked two way hockey slider set that's realistic and feels good like your on ice.
Just to reemphasize my point made in a probably TL;DR post, the bolded is why sliders nearly ruined my enjoyment of sports gaming. Once I quit searching for the elusive perfect representation, but stated playing and enjoying the competition of the games as they are, my enjoyment skyrocketed back to pre-slider days.

I'm not saying we should ditch sliders. But when I read threads about the game, it's pretty clear that the everlasting quest for perfect representation of a sport increases the negativity in the forums. And it does it by a lot. I used to consider messing with sliders like a puzzle game in itself.

The tools encourage many of us, and I'm including myself, to game with unrealistic expectations of what sports gaming is. We tweak and tweak, and our inability to find that last puzzle piece leads us to lash out at the developers who we begin to feel can not only not get the game right, but can't even create reasonable sliders.

The reason this is a shame is that if we step back and look at the history of sports games, this is an absolutely mind blowing great era of sports games. And instead of enjoying them, so much of our time is spent on improving them, and worse, slagging the developers that make these games.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:12 PM   #28
Rookie

Mongo14's Arena

OVR: 2

They just automatically reset to default for me
Old 12-21-2016, 01:11 AM   #29
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D
Just to reemphasize my point made in a probably TL;DR post, the bolded is why sliders nearly ruined my enjoyment of sports gaming. Once I quit searching for the elusive perfect representation, but stated playing and enjoying the competition of the games as they are, my enjoyment skyrocketed back to pre-slider days.

I'm not saying we should ditch sliders. But when I read threads about the game, it's pretty clear that the everlasting quest for perfect representation of a sport increases the negativity in the forums. And it does it by a lot. I used to consider messing with sliders like a puzzle game in itself.

The tools encourage many of us, and I'm including myself, to game with unrealistic expectations of what sports gaming is. We tweak and tweak, and our inability to find that last puzzle piece leads us to lash out at the developers who we begin to feel can not only not get the game right, but can't even create reasonable sliders.

The reason this is a shame is that if we step back and look at the history of sports games, this is an absolutely mind blowing great era of sports games. And instead of enjoying them, so much of our time is spent on improving them, and worse, slagging the developers that make these games.
Well said, sir.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »