Home

The First Look at NHL 18 Arrives Tomorrow

This is a discussion on The First Look at NHL 18 Arrives Tomorrow within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2017, 08:28 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

The official hype train for NHL 18 starts tomorrow, as EA Sports plans to release their first look at the game. Last year, right around this time, EA released the NHL 17 features, which included NHL Draft Champions, the World Cup of Hockey and much more. What are you hoping to hear and/or see tomorrow?

#NHL18
First Look Tomorrow.
Full Reveal at NHL Awards. pic.twitter.com/WdB1HnEMl7

— #NHL18 (@EASPORTSNHL) June 6, 2017[/quote]

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2017, 11:12 PM   #2
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Roster sharing please!

Besides that, I just want a reason to be hyped for the game. I want a reason to buy this game on day 1. Give me some gameplay and Franchise Mode improvements.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Simple Mathematics; 06-06-2017 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 48
Whatever they add, would be fine with me; as the gameplay has been great for years now! imo
Let's go Preds!!!
and pass by Instagram/LLSMUVG

pronounced: "LL"-"Smoove"-"Gee"
Ah, SNAP!!! Now we Cooking!!!
Old 06-07-2017, 12:42 AM   #4
Rookie

TFunaro's Arena

OVR: 1
I understand different game modes all play a little differently from one another, so I want to say my comments are geared more towards "Online VS. Mode." That said, what I'm really hoping for is to finally get a game that plays more like actual hockey instead of the nonsense that goes on now. As far as new features are concerned, this is what I've come up with off the top of my head:

Gameplay:
+Tighter, more responsive skating controls (especially while controlling a player in the defensive zone behind your own net.).

+A revamp to face-off mechanics. I'd actually love to see a whole new system in place for face-offs, as I've grown tired of the one that's in place.

+Better passing logic. Seriously, I've lost track of the amount of blown opportunities I've missed out on because of errant passes going in what often seems like completely random directions. I've tinkered with the pass assist settings quite a bit, but this still occurs far too frequently.

+Smarter A.I. I don't know how many times I've actually laughed out loud over the stupidity of my AI controlled players. For example, I can't count the amount of times I've watched my A.I. D-men flying down the ice with the PERFECT angle locked in for a huge hit on the puck carrier, and then at the very last second, slam on the brakes and let the guy blow right by him.

+A realistic and consistent implementation of dekes and puck carrying.

+SEAMLESS PUCK PICKUPS that are actually, well... seamless. Don't get me wrong - as much fun as it is to skate 3 complete circles around an idle puck without taking control of it, there's still a game of hockey to be played...

+A faster overall sense of speed to the online game. The offline game feels so different than online play. It would be awesome if online play moved with the same speed and fluidity as the offline game modes.

Last edited by TFunaro; 06-07-2017 at 02:26 AM.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:28 AM   #5
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The First Look at NHL 18 Arrives Tomorrow

Online franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2017, 09:23 AM   #6
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Of course Game play is top priority but getting game play impressions from a trailer or first look is all but impossible so I am not expecting to see much or take much in that regard.

5 man celebrations are long overdue

multiplayer scrums and pushing and shoving after the whistle would be nice and add to the immersion aspect of it. little things like that can also help to improve game play.

Roster share is a must.

Not a needed upgrade but I personally would love a mask creator and better uniform creator that could be used for your online teams.

Last edited by jake19ny; 06-07-2017 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:39 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

GM Connected. I haven't bought NHL since they took it out. If they were to bring it back, this would be a day 1 purchase for me.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:51 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by trochatime
GM Connected. I haven't bought NHL since they took it out. If they were to bring it back, this would be a day 1 purchase for me.
This... I have bought the game but haven't paid full price and won't till GM connected is back.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »