Home

NHL 17 Trade Deadline Roster Update Available Now

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Trade Deadline Roster Update Available Now within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2017, 02:08 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 17 Trade Deadline Roster Update Available Now

The latest NHL 17 roster update is available now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, to reflect the current lineups in the NHL post trade deadline.

Roster Update Download Instructions*:
  • In the NHL 17 main menu, select (Customize)
  • In the Customize section, select (Roster)
  • In the Roster section, select (Active Rosters)
  • In the Active Rosters section, select the most recent update organized by 'Date & Time' under EA SPORTS NHL Official Rosters
*NOTE: Your console must have an internet connection to download this roster update.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2017, 04:49 PM   #2
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 17 Trade Deadline Roster Update Available Now

I was studying some of those trades, you know what's gonna happen to los angeles kings , in the end only 1 good starter can remain, they'd have to get rid one of there good starters, either way you know ben bishops time in los angeles kings is short, cause when jonathan quick comes back its lights out for ben bishop, I don't agree with tampa bay lightning and los angeles kings trade, I.. still think they should've kept ben bishop in tampa bay, we all know that peter budaj is not good starting goaltender, but... then again, tampa bay lightning does have that 6'5 - 6'7 veslieski dude, so they might have chance.

(just remembered at last moment)

peter budaj would make excellent back-up in tampa bay lightning for veslieski, in-case of hard times, when veslieski struggles down the road and seasons to come.

but yah... I just don't think ben bishop is right fit in los angeles kings, I kinda, think ben bishop would be excellent fit in the struggling teams, you know teams with loosing record, teams like : Winnipeg Jets & Detroit red wings & buffalo sabres & Toronto Maple Leafs & Calgary Flames & Dallas Stars & Vancouver Canucks & Carolina Hurricanes ...., anyways that's just my opinion..

all Los Angeles Kings need is good back-up and third spare goalie, that are huge goalies, or maybe max out the goalies they need , in NHL 17 its like 6/6, and maybe emergency goalie.

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 03-03-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:02 PM   #3
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Having trouble getting the latest roster update to show up in my ongoing franchise. Is there a way to get the roster into a current franchise?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 03-04-2017, 10:16 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllKings
Having trouble getting the latest roster update to show up in my ongoing franchise. Is there a way to get the roster into a current franchise?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
That's impossible. Once you start a franchise it becomes its own little "universe" so to speak. Real world transactions on top of the moves the CPU teams already make would make no logical sense. Hypothetically, what would happen if you were 2 or 3 years into a franchise and wanted to import a real-world roster? Among many other things, players would re-appear who were already retired in your league. Even if you're at the same point in the season as real life, what if a team is more in position record-wise to be a buyer in your game, but a seller in real life?

It's a logistical nightmare, and that's why none of the sports games allow you to do this in their season modes. Things like the NBA Today and Play Now Live that the other games do are different because they aren't full-featured franchise modes. NBA2K's "start today" comes closest as you can carry real-world results into your franchise start, but even that draws the line after you start the mode.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:56 PM   #5
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Makes sense, I never looked at it that way. Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2017, 04:20 PM   #6
Rookie

Drives me nuts that they still have Datsyuk in the game as an 88 overall, or that Chris Pronger, Ryan Clowe, Marc Savard or Nathan Horton are still available. Get yo stuff together mang.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:23 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialAssassin
Drives me nuts that they still have Datsyuk in the game as an 88 overall, or that Chris Pronger, Ryan Clowe, Marc Savard or Nathan Horton are still available. Get yo stuff together mang.
Ya, you're right !!
What's the purpose of having these retired players available ??
Old 03-07-2017, 07:17 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy4747
Ya, you're right !!
What's the purpose of having these retired players available ??
Because they're actually still under contract, so they have to be on their "former" NHL teams. Just decrease both their offensive and defensive awareness numbers to the lowest (36 i think), then you can drop them to FA, no team will pick them up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »