Home

Best Scouting Practices?

This is a discussion on Best Scouting Practices? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2017, 10:50 AM   #1
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
Best Scouting Practices?

Does anyone have a certain practice when it comes to scouting? I've tried scouting 2 weeks at a time, and then maybe focusing longer on one specific area, but it seems that when I get to the draft I'm constantly looking at players that have only been scouted once or twice, with very little figures. And my scouts are at A or A+ on almost every country.

Any advice is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2017, 04:14 PM   #2
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best Scouting Practices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkerots
Does anyone have a certain practice when it comes to scouting? I've tried scouting 2 weeks at a time, and then maybe focusing longer on one specific area, but it seems that when I get to the draft I'm constantly looking at players that have only been scouted once or twice, with very little figures. And my scouts are at A or A+ on almost every country.

Any advice is appreciated.
This is what I do every season.

I see what area or position I'm weak at on 3rd line and down. Reason being the new players will never be better than 3rd or 4th line and that's only if they are a top ten pick.

It's really a crap shoot. Scout the larger amounts of players 1st durning the season because it takes longer to do the first and 2nd year. After that the number of prospect goes down to maybe 70 total for the Niger league like OHL!!

Scout the European leagues once the playoffs start. Reason for that is less players and you reveal more % of stats.

I drafted a 3rd rounder who in his 2nd season on the 4th line has grown from a 72 to 84. He's the fastest skater in the league hands down with a sweet shot. You can find some gems. I also draft strictly by the star system and not the potential rating.

Hope this helps

Goon

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »