Home

NHL 18 Wishlist: Features We'd Like To See

This is a discussion on NHL 18 Wishlist: Features We'd Like To See within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2017, 07:26 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 18 Wishlist: Features We'd Like To See

It’s almost that time of year again! Before you know it, we’ll be inundated with new information regarding the latest iteration of EA’s long-running hockey series. As we get ever closer to that date, it’s time to get our brains into gear and think about what we’re hoping to see in EA’s upcoming addition to the franchise.

What do we know about NHL 18 so far? Very little. It seems doubtful the Frostbite engine will make its debut, given there's been no indication of its inclusion during EA’s recent earnings conference call.

Here at OS, we’ve always loved creating wishlists for our favorite games, and the NHL series is no exception. I’ve used this opportunity to detail both my own personal desires for NHL 18, as well as including some items found in our forums over the past few months.

Read More - NHL 18 Wishlist: Features We'd Like To See (Written by: Fraser Gilbert)
Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2017, 08:30 PM   #2
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Roster sharing, please. EVERY OTHER SPORTS GAME HAS IT, BUT NOT NHL. Why!?
Old 03-24-2017, 09:12 PM   #3
Rookie

Diehardfan's Arena

OVR: 4
It's been a complaint of mine for years....the crowd noise is just not loud enough. Maybe I'm spoiled by having attended many games at the old Chicago Stadium but that's what got me hooked on NHL hockey. Even the United Center gets awfully loud at times...you just don't get that in this game or any past games for that matter. The crowd needs to erupt when a goal is scored....everything during the playoffs need to pumped up to another level. Adding that kind of excitement to the game would cover a lot of warts over poor AI, uniforms etc.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Roster sharing is an absolute must. Especially since EA's rosters are such trash. I'd also really like the ability to download draft classes in GM mode.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:47 PM   #5
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

Re: NHL 18 Wishlist: Features We'd Like To See

Offline Franchise

* Completely editable and playable. I would like the ability to play every game in my franchise, not only my user team and edit every player in the league. I also would like the opportunity to run a 31 league franchise with the ability to expand the league. Pretty much combine season mode with franchise mode.

* Ticker - in-game on/off users choice and main hub. For in-game it's useful for real-time scores around your franchise especially for bubble playoff teams.

* Start Today Feature for Franchise mode

* Fake or real coaches pool with editable traits/strategies.

* Fake or real GM's pool with editable traits.

* Presentation Screen For Trade Deadline Day - This screen should have an editable clock that you can set it for 20,40, 1hr or OFF. The running clock gives you the added feeling of pressure of making the deal or staying put. The 'Trade Deadline Day' screen should have a ticker for rumors, trades completed, trade block players, standings, etc. When big trades are completed there should be a notification with a "sportscenter" type of jingle..da-na-na da-na-na. You should also be able to access your roster,players in the system,trade block screen, and trade screen from this hub.

* Trade logic - Trades should not be accepted or denied every time on the spot. Teams should be able to mull over a trade request that falls into certain scenarios, for example there are multiple bidders/deals from other teams, or the value in return is slightly in-adequate meaning there is room for negotiation and you aren't hit with a straight up no. This gives the ability for players to play themselves out of a trade if they play well or into a trade. Some trades take weeks of negotiating, with certain factors such as team standings and player performance to push a team to pull the trigger. I would like a screen or email type of screen for "on-going" negotiations.

Last edited by iFnotWhyNoT; 03-24-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2017, 12:14 AM   #6
Rookie

brianski71's Arena

I really don't care what they do, as long as they use a realistic color palette. Using the Pens in highlighter yellow completely ruins any possible immersion factor. And playing the Rangers in pink and baby blue or the Flyers in dull jack-o-lantern orange isn't any more believable.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:37 AM   #7
Rookie

Re: NHL 18 Wishlist: Features We'd Like To See

I'm a pretty old man, so can any of you young guys please tell me what a frostbite is? I'd really appreciate that!
Old 03-25-2017, 04:12 AM   #8
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
A new engine. Imagine getting them collisions with proper momentum and reactions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »