Home

NHL 17 - stuck on 20 mins?

This is a discussion on NHL 17 - stuck on 20 mins? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2017, 08:07 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Question NHL 17 - stuck on 20 mins?

Hey folks,

I started up a franchise a few days ago. Had games set to 10 mins, played a few with a friend. I didn't really notice the time very much.

Then today I put in some sliders from the slider forum, and set my time to 8 mins. When I went to play the first game, the clock read "20:00" from the get-go. I played that game. Then I double-checked my settings within my franchise. Nope, still 8:00. So I started another game. Double-checked the settings at the pre-game screen. Nope, 8:00 there too. Just to make sure there wasn't something weird going on, I changed it to 10:00. Started the game . . . clock reads "20:00".

Did I totally miss something here? Is the clock always at 20:00, and the league settings only control how quickly it counts down? Or should my game clock start at 10:00 if I set it to 10:00?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2017, 08:35 PM   #2
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Re: NHL 17 - stuck on 20 mins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti
Hey folks,

I started up a franchise a few days ago. Had games set to 10 mins, played a few with a friend. I didn't really notice the time very much.

Then today I put in some sliders from the slider forum, and set my time to 8 mins. When I went to play the first game, the clock read "20:00" from the get-go. I played that game. Then I double-checked my settings within my franchise. Nope, still 8:00. So I started another game. Double-checked the settings at the pre-game screen. Nope, 8:00 there too. Just to make sure there wasn't something weird going on, I changed it to 10:00. Started the game . . . clock reads "20:00".

Did I totally miss something here? Is the clock always at 20:00, and the league settings only control how quickly it counts down? Or should my game clock start at 10:00 if I set it to 10:00?

Thanks!

The game clock is always at 20 minutes and your desired period length that you setup in settings commands how fast the clock winds down.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-27-2017, 09:36 PM   #3
Pro

Re: NHL 17 - stuck on 20 mins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllKings
The game clock is always at 20 minutes and your desired period length that you setup in settings commands how fast the clock winds down.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Gotcha, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »