Home

Be A Pro: Anyone solve the issue with getting way too much ice time?

This is a discussion on Be A Pro: Anyone solve the issue with getting way too much ice time? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2017, 03:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Be A Pro: Anyone solve the issue with getting way too much ice time?

I've had an absolute blast playing Be A Pro as a defenseman. The problem is, about 50% of the time I go for a change, they put me on the ice 1 second later...I usually just sim twice the second they put me on the ice so I get the typical 1 minute 40 second break instead of being on the ice back to back shifts with a 1 second rest. Doing that I get realistic ice times of 20-24 TOI per game. But it takes 40 minutes to play. If I play 40-50 second shifts and don't sim immediately after they give me a 1 second rest, I get 35+ minutes on ice...and about 45-60 minutes to play the game. It sucks. Has anyone found a fix for the broken simulation?

Side note: how do you score on the PP? I have no issue as a forward. But as a defenseman I get maybe 1 PP point every 15 points, which is not realistic whatsoever. Having a hard time setting up my teammates in scoring areas because they just want me to shoot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2017, 12:01 PM   #2
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Re: Be A Pro: Anyone solve the issue with getting way too much ice time?

Highest : 15:09
Lowest: 7:14
Really Good Games: 17:50
Really Bad Games: 4:20 (was benched for bad team overall and ratings)

I get what you mean man, it seems I get on for about 50s to 1:00 (1:02), then I get called, but come on that's not even enough time to score goal, its just enough to make plays and stuff.

I had idea from 2012-2014, what I did on old sliders 0-6, I'd put fatigue effect: CPU: 2-3 / Human: 2-3 & fatigue recovery: CPU: 1-2 & Human: 1-2, which in the past helped, this is just my thoughts it might work also in NHL 17.

if you put: Fatigue effect: CPU: 20-40 & Human: 20-40 & Fatigue Recovery: CPU: 10-20 & Human: 10-20, that's just theory though.

if you want when I come home from work today, I could test it for you ?, or least see if that's case.

I also think it has something to do with : Offense & Defense & Teamwork Ratings
like if you have terrible those you're gonna get benched or less time on the ice, so it maybe they make team grades have more effect on gameplay now it seems.

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 05-01-2017 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:15 PM   #3
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Re: Be A Pro: Anyone solve the issue with getting way too much ice time?

so... am currently testing: Fatigue Effect: CPU: 30 / Human: 30 & Fatigue Recovery: CPU: 20 / Human: 20.

And I found I was able to stay out there longer, I finally was able to make plays like I used to, it was noticeably longer, I even scored a goal, but I got injured and had to wait 56 days LOL!, I got Post Concussion Syndrome, in NHL 17, which stalled process of playing, so before I exited off the game , I found I Had stayed out there for 7:40 - 7:56 Longer, before getting injured , which is longer then 5 minutes and 4 Minutes, it felt great and stuff, but am gonna try to play few more games now to really see the averages of Minutes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »