Home

NHL 18 EA Play Questions Thread

This is a discussion on NHL 18 EA Play Questions Thread within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2017, 03:30 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
NHL 18 EA Play Questions Thread

So as you all know NHL 18 will NOT be at EA Play. HOWEVER some of the devs may be. In the event that they are I will also be attending EA Play for the entire weekend and have taken it upon myself to attempt to grab them for some questions.

Now you and I have never seen eye to eye, NHL forum. This is the chance at mending that wall and redeeming ourselves. IF I get the chance to talk to the NHL devs what do you want to know?

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2017, 04:07 PM   #2
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 18 EA Play Questions Thread

Will this be the year we get roster share?
Old 06-06-2017, 04:15 PM   #3
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

It's hard to really know what you could ask that would get a substantial answer in a short conversation.

I guess you could ask what types of improvements we could expect to see in terms of play creation, player likenesses, team logos and jerseys.

It would be really nice to hear that EA has implemented some better form of player creation than the usual "Pick a face that might kind of look like you in the right lighting". Being able to import logos and have more creativity with the sweaters would also be great, as would team names that aren't 90% silly puns.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:18 PM   #4
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

what improvements have there been made to commentary, presentation, player differentiation, goalies?

Commentary-Will Doc sound more like himself? Will he sound like he does on TV and not so "bored?" Did they incorporate real life footage into the game to make him sound more authentic?

Presentation-Any new changes to the NBC broadcast? Will we finally have 5 man goal celebrations?

Player Differentiation-Will Crosby play exactly the same as a 4th line grinder. When I'm Ovie, will I actually feel like he's a dangerous player

Goalies-Any improvements? Will there be new animations to help differentiate all of the different goalies besides cosmetic improvements? Will new animations be added to help fix some of the weak goalies they have let in over the years?
Old 06-06-2017, 07:25 PM   #5
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Awesome, and thanks for the effort Mil. Two things I would ask are, in no particular order, what they feel their greatest accomplishment in this development cycle has been in terms of gameplay (preferably not EASHL gameplay, but it will be what it will be), and how we offline gamers can be sufficiently proactive in terms of making our voices heard, aside from the usual methods.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2017, 07:32 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

My only question would be what can you tell us about NHL 18? If nothing then what was the general focus going into NHL 18 development?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2017, 07:43 PM   #7
Rookie

ig0easy's Arena

OVR: 0

Will a CFM-type mode finally make a return in NHL 18?
Old 06-06-2017, 08:05 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Are the rumors true about being able to create our own expansion team in the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »