Home

NHL 18 Gameplay Trailer, Cover Reveal, Features & More to be Revealed Tomorrow

This is a discussion on NHL 18 Gameplay Trailer, Cover Reveal, Features & More to be Revealed Tomorrow within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 18 Gameplay Trailer, Cover Reveal, Features & More to be Revealed Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf
I remember that Sean guy saying something about generated rookies etc
That's about whether EA is allowed to create a rookie or not. When one guy plays at least 1 game in the NHL, they can be created by the EA Sports dev team. If they play in the AHL, they have to sign an agreement to get implemented in the game.

With adding a roster share function, everything about this stupid process would be gone for good because the community could create rosters for themselves (plus fantasy rosters, all time teams etc.). But I guess EA doesn't care. I hope it will be part of NHL 18, but I only believe it when I see it.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:05 PM   #10
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 18 Gameplay Trailer, Cover Reveal, Features & More to be Revealed Tomorrow

I wonder if they will add an expansion mode. This would be the perfect time to do it.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 06-21-2017, 02:44 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I wonder if they will add an expansion mode. This would be the perfect time to do it.
There's rumors that they are. Makes sense with the relocation stuff they added in BeAGM mode.

I'm expecting some HUT features/announcements, an expansion mode, and some weak gameplay "features."

All I want at this point is for scoring goals to feel like an exciting event (5-man huddles - I don't buy their excuse as to why they can't put it in) and for AI to be improved. That's it! I loved NHL17 and think it's a solid base, and a fun game (with sliders). I just want each goal/game to feel more exciting as opposed to "goal scorer throws hands up and one guy hugs him."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2017, 03:53 PM   #12
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
There's rumors that they are. Makes sense with the relocation stuff they added in BeAGM mode.

I'm expecting some HUT features/announcements, an expansion mode, and some weak gameplay "features."

All I want at this point is for scoring goals to feel like an exciting event (5-man huddles - I don't buy their excuse as to why they can't put it in) and for AI to be improved. That's it! I loved NHL17 and think it's a solid base, and a fun game (with sliders). I just want each goal/game to feel more exciting as opposed to "goal scorer throws hands up and one guy hugs him."
You shouldn't buy it and lemme tell you why. FIFA if you have ever played the past 2 years used to have the same issue, I believe. What they did is they made it seamless and they have all of the players celebrating in a cutscene. It's not really that bad/noticeable and it works. You of course can still go and celebrate with one other player and then it cuts away.

My point, don't buy the excuse that they can't do it because its being done right now with FIFA and they are supposed to share technology right?
Old 06-21-2017, 04:19 PM   #13
Rookie

RaiderNation412's Arena

Frostbite engine, but that ain't happening.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-21-2017, 06:50 PM   #14
Rookie

Simple stuff:

Since I do the CPU VS CPU GM mode

- Make the D-men stand behind the net and have a guy skate around him, or just a normal few second pause then skate it out..instead of this just grab the puck, turn around, and skate as fast as you can until they toss an awkward pass or run in to an opponent b.s. that happens now.

In general:

- Better menus.

- Ability to lock players in "Edit lines". Let me keep Player A as first line center and Player B as third line RW etc... and be able to adjust from there or hit "best lines" without worrying that specific players will move.

- Have goalies and players automatically switch team colors and masks if you select that option, and have it depend on what league they play in, or when they're traded.

- More logo, goalie mask, jersey options...

- Explain the sliders better.

- Add/ replace commentary via updates to give a fresh feel.

- Better trade system. If a team declines an offer, let them send back a counter-offer, or say that they are not interested in letting player/pick X go at this time. More trading block requests during trade deadline, based on if teams are buyers or sellers.

- Morale boosts, aggressin boosts during rivalry games / playoffs/ Cup Finals.

- - -

More advanced wishlist:

- Be able to give individual players commands (Shoot more, Shoot less, Work on Face-Offs...)

- Show me a real time video loop of how a slider affects a player that refreshes each time you move up or down a notch.
(Set the skate speed to 0 and the video shows a player skating like he's going through quicksand. Set it to 50 and the video refreshes and you see him skating X amount faster...)

- I know I have more ideas just can't think of them right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »