Home

NHL 18 Features 3-on-3 NHL THREES Mode, Creative Attack Controls, League Expansion

This is a discussion on NHL 18 Features 3-on-3 NHL THREES Mode, Creative Attack Controls, League Expansion within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2017, 09:17 PM   #65
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 18 Features 3-on-3 NHL THREES Mode, Creative Attack Controls, League Expansio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
The initial press release and feature reveal is always the "back of the box" type stuff. That's how Madden has always been as well.

The blogs and releases that come between now and release will detail the information most OSers want to know. Everyone just needs to relax and just ask the right questions.
I think the frustration comes from saying this same thing every year, only to find out the not back-of-the-box items are hardly any more impressive.

Last year they flaunted the Franchise mode, but didn't specify much about it. Come to find out that sure, you can move your team, but there's hardly any fanfare when you do it, little to no mention in game, and worst of all, your team is stuck in the same division. So even if you move the Canes from Raleigh all the way out to the West coast in Seattle, you'll still be suspending belief to realize that your team is apparently flying back and forth from Seattle to the East coast multiple times per week.

EA's been great at the big idea and the "Oh wow!" thing that they're adding to the game...but they've been frustratingly slow at adding anything to the game that adds depth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 09:30 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 18 Features 3-on-3 NHL THREES Mode, Creative Attack Controls, League Expansio

I have bought every nhl game since it came out, i am a simulation player. All i want is good franchise play. I dont play online at all, for me,add more neutral zone pressure and realistic dump and chase.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:50 PM   #67
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Ramma said there was more franchise stuff to be announced.

Let's hope so.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:26 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 7

I think it's great that we can create our own expansion team. But I wonder how the AHL affiliations would work? Will we get to create an AHL team for our NHL team? Or will we have to pick an AHL team to share with another NHL team? Or will we be randomly assigned an AHL affiliate? Or will we be able to pick an ECHL team and bring it to the AHL as our affiliate?
Old 06-23-2017, 01:02 AM   #69
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJNT
I think it's great that we can create our own expansion team. But I wonder how the AHL affiliations would work? Will we get to create an AHL team for our NHL team? Or will we have to pick an AHL team to share with another NHL team? Or will we be randomly assigned an AHL affiliate? Or will we be able to pick an ECHL team and bring it to the AHL as our affiliate?
I'm just hoping we can get our teams relocated to a new division.

I moved Carolina to Milwaukee, and was still playing all of the East coast teams.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:16 AM   #70
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Apparently the ratings will have a wider variety of ranges, which is ok, but won't be enough to give a sense of differentiation.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:20 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJNT
My guess because you have only 1 team that you can expand, you will be given a set AHL team. I'm sure it's set that way no matter what you do

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 07:29 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I'm just hoping we can get our teams relocated to a new division.

I moved Carolina to Milwaukee, and was still playing all of the East coast teams.
True. I don't want to create a Houston team that ends up playing in the Eastern Conference. But it would be cool if we could create our expansion AHL team to go along with our expansion NHL team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »