Home

After Today's NHL 18 Reveals: What Do You Think About This Year's Game? (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on After Today's NHL 18 Reveals: What Do You Think About This Year's Game? (Roundtable) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2017, 06:01 PM   #33
Rookie

SoxSoxSox's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: After Today's NHL 18 Reveals: What Do You Think About This Year's Game? (Roundtab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmilkman24
I'll agree with a few of you guys about games feeling repetitive after awhile. Back in NASCAR: total team control, they had a rivalry bar for guys you didn't work with or help draft or even raced dirty. That guy wouldn't help you or race you clean and sometimes even take you out if you did it to him.

Last NHL I had (either '10 or '13 idr) had something like this with GM relations. I didn't know a lot about the value of players, etc, so in trying to move Zdeno Chara to free cap space I pretty much pissed off the entire Western Conference lol
Old 07-16-2017, 08:12 AM   #34
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: After Today's NHL 18 Reveals: What Do You Think About This Year's Game? (Roundtab

I would like to see my opponent AI take advantage of their time outs. I would also like to see my goalies record accurately reflected. Kind of stinks when you play 10 games, are 7-3, your goalie played all the games, and when you look at his stats, he's 2-3.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:24 PM   #35
Rookie

Slegr's Arena

Leaving out GM Connected, again, and not acknowledging it, unfortunately I cant bring myself to support this series any longer (my favorite game all my life). Ill be buying Madden and getting into a CFM with my NHL buddies who are also skipping.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2017, 04:07 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

As someone that plays D in online team play 90% of the time, I'm pretty excited for the new stick controls on D.

I wish they'd bring back the ability to play 2v2, 3v3, etc online without player lock. I thoroughly enjoyed playing online with random people and having the ability to switch. The OTP is good when you get a good group and people actually play D, but I like the ability to switch as well. I'm doubting it'll come back, but maybe one day.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:35 AM   #37
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slegr
Leaving out GM Connected, again, and not acknowledging it, unfortunately I cant bring myself to support this series any longer (my favorite game all my life). Ill be buying Madden and getting into a CFM with my NHL buddies who are also skipping.
They did address it a few years ago and the reason why it was left out. A very small percentage of people played it. I wish it was in as well, but if they let us play co-op in franchise mode with xbox live buds then I will be content.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 07-22-2017, 12:16 PM   #38
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Super excited about the expansion draft for franchise mode!

Is anyone else worried that the (very small) improvement made to goaltending last year will now be offset by the addition of crazy dekes though? The goaltending animations in the early videos for 18 seem to be the exact same as 17. Fingers crossed that this isn't going to be an issue.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:35 AM   #39
Rookie

stick clicking should never be used for anything, it's junk. so they basically are breaking one of the functions of this game that actually work great... puck chops. shocker
and you cant intercept/pickup pucks while in "def stick mode" ??? what the **** is that??
just get rid of right stick hitting completely, it's a stupid thing that gives us nothing. Let hits be based on physics and learn how to properly enforce interference.
i hope the reality of this is nothing like it's been described, or how i imagine it. but stick clicking in a high paced sports game is a terrible idea, they should get rid of left stick hustle button as well. stick clicking combined with movement is hot garbage not to mention the stress it adds to controllers.

i think thats another reason why DJNEO left the GC Programm...?
Old 07-24-2017, 07:36 AM   #40
Rookie

Northernwolf's Arena

@kinsmen7:
I certainly am. As a fan of playing the goalie and having realistic goaltending in the game I play, I have some concerns.
Last year I used all my time to get the goaltending just the way I wanted to, and just as I got comfortable a new patch came out and ruined the setup for me.

The biggest issue I have with goalies as it stands is that the videos show off all the old moves. And that is not a good look for goaltending as it stands.
Now bear in mind there is still a small possibility that this could change and they have yet to show us any gameplay of it, but from what we got its the same-old same-old.

@GetThePuckOut:
DJNEO had some valid concerns about where the game was going.
I was one of those who wanted to reserve judgement until we had a better idea of what the EA team was up to this year.
Boy, was I wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »