Home

NHL 18 Beta Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here!

This is a discussion on NHL 18 Beta Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here! within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2017, 09:23 PM   #169
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 18 Beta Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I preordered tonight... as much as I want to "wait and see" hockey is just a part of me and something I cannot get by with via text sim like I can with baseball and football (although I think I'll pickup Madden this year).

Sliders have made the game manageable in the past, even with things that frustrate me.

I really hope Rammer and team improved the AI for us solo/sim/franchise players.
Seems Madden is trying to fix how crappy its pure left-stick control of players is, but to me, this year it is still pretty poor. What do you guys think?

I even saw NBA 2K write a blog saying this year they are trying to address the crappy feeling of their pure left-stick movement. LMAO. I doubt they will be able to do it.

And yeh, Fifa and Nhl both need their games to have scoring in them. The two games do it different ways. Fifa makes the player movement super-speedy to accomplish this. While NHL allows too much spacing between its players to accomplish this. Movement is definitely better in NHL than Fifa, I just wish NHL would give us a slider to allow for tighter marking (such a slider exists in Fifa).

So, I am looking for a Marking slider in NHL, the aggression slider is nice, but we need a marking slider, too - like Fifa
Old 08-22-2017, 10:40 PM   #170
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

Where the heck is NHL 18 at gamescom?
Old 08-23-2017, 10:02 AM   #171
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

For a game that hits the shelves in 24 days there is still very little seen or known of the offline 5 vs 5 game. I'm going to guess that's not good news for us hardcore hockey sim guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 10:22 AM   #172
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
For a game that hits the shelves in 24 days there is still very little seen or known of the offline 5 vs 5 game. I'm going to guess that's not good news for us hardcore hockey sim guys.
This game hasn't been for hardcore fans for a long time.

Sent from my LG-K210 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-23-2017, 01:10 PM   #173
Rookie

OVR: 0

Maybe EA will surprise us but it looks like 18 will be more or less NHL 17 and I'm all set with that
Old 08-23-2017, 07:27 PM   #174
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Madden did the same thing, and madden looks okay (it's still not for me, poor left-stick movement), but it turned out fine.
Old 09-02-2017, 02:24 PM   #175
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidus29
Maybe EA will surprise us but it looks like 18 will be more or less NHL 17 and I'm all set with that
I'm not. If that's the case I'll stick with my EA Access copy of NHL 17, and hope NHL 19 will be better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2017, 03:49 PM   #176
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
I'm not. If that's the case I'll stick with my EA Access copy of NHL 17, and hope NHL 19 will be better.
Agreed. While I was happier with '17 than I had been with the previous few iterations, that's certainly no reason to pay $80CAD for a roster update.

I did feel that everything felt a bit tighter and more responsive in the beta, but only having access to 3v3 for single player during that period made it hard to really tell. Re-subbed to EA Access to get a better gauge. Speaking of - anyone heard when that's releasing? Should be this coming Thursday if it's following the same schedule as Madden, I think?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »