Home

NHL 18 Players with Real Faces

This is a discussion on NHL 18 Players with Real Faces within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-02-2017, 08:13 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 18 Players with Real Faces

Vanek can be moved to Vancouver now he has signed.

Doan should be removed now he has retired.

Cheers
Old 09-13-2017, 04:40 PM   #18
Just started!

This is literally my biggest frustration every year! They have a small team, I get it, but they can model 31 mascots head to toe?

Its just something they don't give a crap about, but being a big hockey fan it takes a lot of the immersion out of it for me when you see a generic face, especially on guys that have been stars for years.

I'm an Oilers fan, but how in the blue hell do the back to back Stanley Cup winning Penguins only have 5 faces modeled and 0 new ones for several years?!?!
Old 09-13-2017, 06:13 PM   #19
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberoo
This is literally my biggest frustration every year! They have a small team, I get it, but they can model 31 mascots head to toe?

Its just something they don't give a crap about, but being a big hockey fan it takes a lot of the immersion out of it for me when you see a generic face, especially on guys that have been stars for years.

I'm an Oilers fan, but how in the blue hell do the back to back Stanley Cup winning Penguins only have 5 faces modeled and 0 new ones for several years?!?!
They're just simply lazy. I know NBA live almost all players has faces. No idea about madden. Heck MLB the show has almost every faces for MLB players that are in default rosters that's like 25-40 players per team.. while Nhl has like 25-40 players the whole league with faces.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2017, 06:27 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberoo

Actually one of the reasons I stopped buying the series.

Think about it - Mike Fisher retired this summer from the NHL after 17 seasons and he never, ever had a real face...

17 years.

That's pathetic.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:55 PM   #21
Rookie

Orrad's Arena

Come on guys, don't be so mean! Hell they did add Lino Martschini who is an undrafted player with EV Zug.

Community: "Who?"

Orrad: "You know Lino Martschini!, undrafted, a huge 5'6" 143lbs playmaker! That guy!"

Community: "Thanks a lot EA!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2017, 08:36 AM   #22
Rookie

ozcore's Arena

all in all faces are horrible. i just cant believe EA is so far behind all the other games. very dissapointed
Old 10-10-2017, 09:03 AM   #23
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcore
all in all faces are horrible. i just cant believe EA is so far behind all the other games. very dissapointed
I get the small team aspect, but my frustration will always be their awful player editor. I get that they probably get marching orders that don't include spending time on player faces like they probably want to...but at least give us a better editor and let the fans do it themselves, ideally with sharing of rosters as well.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:13 AM   #24
Rookie

gp005's Arena

atleast they changed Nylanders face... although its not a scan, at least its more of a baby face... lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »