Home

Haven't played since NHL 14 on PS3. Does 18 look worth a buy to me?

This is a discussion on Haven't played since NHL 14 on PS3. Does 18 look worth a buy to me? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2017, 11:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Haven't played since NHL 14 on PS3. Does 18 look worth a buy to me?

I got nhl 18 for free. what i did was go find every NHL transaction on nhl.com since the last roster update. It took me 40 min to go to my NHL 17 and do all the trades, waivers, retirements, free agency and update them. and Voila.. there's NHL 18. Now all i have to do is wait for SEPT 15 so someone can post the team by team roster on Youtube, and all the players ratings.. then i can edit each player to the updated rating, which will take me another 1 hr.. and there u have it.. NHL 18 for FREE.. Also, i MUST keep this game cuz i created every NHL legend.. it took me 8 days to create 160 players and 10 classic teams.I am NOT starting this thing over again.. NO WAY..

As we all know, it is the EXACT game as 17, so i'll be just as happy. plus 92 CANADIAN dollars in my pocket, incl taxes.

Last edited by go expos; 08-31-2017 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:55 AM   #10
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by go expos
I got nhl 18 for free. what i did was go find every NHL transaction on nhl.com since the last roster update. It took me 40 min to go to my NHL 17 and do all the trades, waivers, retirements, free agency and update them. and Voila.. there's NHL 18. Now all i have to do is wait for SEPT 15 so someone can post the team by team roster on Youtube, and all the players ratings.. then i can edit each player to the updated rating, which will take me another 1 hr.. and there u have it.. NHL 18 for FREE.. Also, i MUST keep this game cuz i created every NHL legend.. it took me 8 days to create 160 players and 10 classic teams.I am NOT starting this thing over again.. NO WAY..

As we all know, it is the EXACT game as 17, so i'll be just as happy. plus 92 CANADIAN dollars in my pocket, incl taxes.
Good grief, is the board always this jaded?

I feel like I just asked where to find a movie, and got told "Just torrent it. Free."
Old 09-02-2017, 05:47 PM   #11
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

NO!!!!!!!!
Is your answer to the topic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2017, 12:10 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by go expos
Also, i MUST keep this game cuz i created every NHL legend.. it took me 8 days to create 160 players and 10 classic teams.I am NOT starting this thing over again.. NO WAY..
Hey, that sounds amazing. What exactly did you use as a resource for creating your players? I mean ratings and so on. I imagine you didn't bother much with getting them to look correct, the face making is garbage in NHL.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:07 AM   #13
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm sceptical. I stopped playing NHL years ago. Though I bought NHL 17 on PS4 to play against a friend.

There so many bad things about the NHL series that never gonna get fixed. It will live on though because people keep buying it and support it.

So my answer is no.

Last edited by jonapaloma; 09-05-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:44 PM   #14
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

I played multiple completed seasons in NHL 14. I did the same in NHL 16, won the cup, and had a blast. NHL 17 I played half a season and that was it. Mainly just played with my buds online in EASHL. Why? Game was stale vs CPU no matter the sliders etc.

NHL 18 could be more of the same, but the better positional play by the CPU AI and then using all controls could breathe some life into franchise games. We shall see, hope so!

If you haven't bought a game since NHL 14, pick up NHL 18 when you see it 39.99 and under.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 09-04-2017, 01:49 PM   #15
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I played multiple completed seasons in NHL 14. I did the same in NHL 16, won the cup, and had a blast. NHL 17 I played half a season and that was it. Mainly just played with my buds online in EASHL. Why? Game was stale vs CPU no matter the sliders etc.

NHL 18 could be more of the same, but the better positional play by the CPU AI and then using all controls could breathe some life into franchise games. We shall see, hope so!

If you haven't bought a game since NHL 14, pick up NHL 18 when you see it 39.99 and under.
I gave up pretty quickly with NHL 17 as well.

I hooked up my Xbox 360 after not using for a while (so I can get back into Forza 3/4, etc) and been playing NHL Legacy again, AI is spectacular compared to next gen NHL.

Last edited by BSDShoes; 09-04-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2017, 01:51 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDShoes
Eh, depends on what you do, if you play online then yeah it's a good idea to pick it up. If you play GM mode, then nope, AI, skating, goalies and a few other things has gotten worse on next gen NHL compared to previous gen, I wish I still had NHL 10 for my 360 as I'd still be playing that although NHL Legacy is apparently still relevant these days for that.
How could goalies be worse? Unless you mean ai...cause they never had player individuality for tenders.

Lundqvist plays the same as Ben bishop in ea hockey. Can't believe it's 2017 and certain goalies don't have their own animations. If I play 2k lebron has his signature moves,layups and shot. Why in 2017 do all goalies in ea play the same

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »