Home

NHL 18 Trial Available For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 18 Trial Available For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2017, 07:28 PM   #9
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NHL 18 Trial Available For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions Here

Game scores after a couple of hours.

"Same as 17" from what is supposed to be one of my most hardcore forums.

Disappointing effort from you folks on the forum. I expect actual specific details impressions and I get the same 20 or so guys who just don't like the game yet play it every year.

Not sure what I expected, and again extremely disappointed that many of you are not even giving it a chance.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 09-07-2017, 07:31 PM   #10
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 18 Trial Available For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium

Disappointing effort from you folks on the forum. I expect actual specific details impressions and I get the same 20 or so guys who just don't like the game yet play it every year.

Not sure what I expected, and again extremely disappointed that many of you are not even giving it a chance.
I'm saying what I saw. I also finished with going to tweak some sliders tomorrow and try again. I think that is more than giving it a chance. That is if that was in any way directed at my comment.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:44 PM   #11
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

You streaming Early Access?

One of the smaller things I'm curious about is the division realignment feature in Expansion Mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2017, 07:46 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I will be streaming early access on mixer @ https://mixer.com/fogboundturtle in about 1 hour or so. You are welcome to stop by. I usually play as goalie but I might play or EASHL if some of my buddies are online.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:20 PM   #13
Rookie

PhillyGuy11826's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
Apparently there are out of town scores in franchise mode during games. The scores will pop up every now and then. Commentary apparently does not discuss, however. Cool touch I read on another message board.

Don't think this was in NHL 17?
Oh, I love little stuff like this. So it figures the year I skip is when they put it in. lol
Old 09-07-2017, 09:31 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

Oh please. There's nothing more to be said than same as last year. There's some cool stuff like the defensive skill stick, but even that's wonky. I just played a game on full-sim, all-star, 10 minute periods, out shot Colorado 55-36 and lost 5-4 because IT'S THE SAME FREAKIN' GARBAGE YEAR AFTER YEAR.

My goals had to be through skill, hard work and slick passing plays. They just rifle a shot towards the goal and it goes in. It has been happening for years this way and they don't change it. It's a freakin' frustrating thing about these games. Ramjagasingh and his team should be ashamed of themselves and so should EA Sports for allowing this. Alas, no competition so here we are.

Oh and I just played Madden and then this, the speed between menus is so noticeable, NHL is HORRENDOUS and Madden is great.

Glad I paid 5 bucks for this to try, though EA should pay me for trying it, because it is C-R-A-P.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:35 PM   #15
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

The AI online/offline much improved positionally for the most part. That's huge for franchise and season mode, as of now. We shall see once we can dig deeper.

As stated though the CPU can just skate and do what they want in a way we can't, so that hasn't changed.

Presentation, it is what it is now. I turn it off in all sports games so meh.

EASHL, feels different from the beta. I can't put my finger on it, but it doesn't seem as smooth. The EASHL AI is comical, we usually play with 3-5 guys, but the two or three AI's on our team were a mess. Positinally better, but every other aspect of their game brutal. Passing puck off of each other's skates, was pretty frustrating. Nobody even calling for the puck either. GRR.

Online goals, same old same.. No matter the new d skill stick, interceptions etc. Skate one way, shoot back the other, goal! Just get old. Even in great position don't matter. Shot gets through, goal. Same breakaway moves work, easy peezy. You don't even have to use the new deke moves. Goalies bite on simplest of moves.

I'm actually fired up to start a franchise this year just because it it has some upside with the AI changes.

Didn't they say like 60 plus ways to play co-op? Can't find it in season/franchise.

Slider saving issue, still there. Save a set, then make a change to the set, save it, go back in and its back to the original save state. You have to cycle through the presets after saving and go back to the created one for the new values to stick. Sigh.

No roster share by now, zero excuse. No slider share, zero excuse. These two things are important for the NHL gaming community and obviously not a priority. Probably never will be.

Playing this game makes me wish I wasn't a die hard hockey fan so I could enjoy the game more for what it is.. It's an arcade game with simulation elements. I've stated this back in 09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16 and 17. Yet because I'm a hockey fan I still buy it and play it to get my fix. Although it's getting to the point to where if it didn't have the EASHL to play with my buddies, talk hockey, laugh, etc I probably wouldn't buy it.

The game is what it is, the NHL Dev team makes a game short handed staff wise, and the lack of sales don't help that matter either.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Last edited by Fiddy; 09-07-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2017, 09:40 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Absolute shameful response from a "Community Manager" of this site. Just shameful, wow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »