Home

Auston Matthews name not in the commentary!

This is a discussion on Auston Matthews name not in the commentary! within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2017, 06:56 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Auston Matthews name not in the commentary!

How is Austin Matthews name not announced in the commentary during gameplay? He's only the rookie of the year and all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2017, 08:03 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Auston Matthews name not in the commentary!

Same for Laine and Werenski, not sure about Marner and other top rookies of last season. I was getting used to the fact that current rookie names aren't in the commentary, but this is just pathetic.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:20 AM   #3
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

I was going to mention this. The commentary is downright bad and lacking. How you don't have commentary for Austin Matthews and god knows who else isn't in yet, is unacceptable.

I originally thought they didn't add any new commentary. They didn't for Doc and Eddie, but did for Ray Ferraro.

I remember reading awhile ago when they sent that survey that commentary could be added during the season.

Here's the quote:

Dynamic Commentary – New content added through the entire season, telling up to date stories of what’s transpiring in the real NHL all year long.

I bet you it's Ray doing it and not Doc and Eddie.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:41 AM   #4
MVP

I tweeted nhl 18 on twitter prob not going to get a reply..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2017, 09:21 AM   #5
Rookie

BXBRUINS's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Bronx born & raised! Now residing in the great State of South Carolina

I thought 18 was "The Kids!" All about the young stars!! Yet no commentary for there names?? Entire dev team needs to be removed and a fresh start is needed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2017, 05:03 PM   #6
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXBRUINS
I thought 18 was "The Kids!" All about the young stars!! Yet no commentary for there names?? Entire dev team needs to be removed and a fresh start is needed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
The whole thing is pretty insane, but this is the biggest thing. Marketing via the young stars in the game, but not having half of them exist to the commentary team just seems so basic. I've been playing with the commentary muted for the last while, and will likely continue to do so as it's unbelievably stale and repetitive.

I get the impression that they had Doc and Eddie do full recording sessions the first year they were in the game, and just very quick patch up work since. Has anyone actually heard them have any new lines this year at all? Wouldn't be all that shocked if it's untouched from '17 if Matthews/Laine aren't mentioned given the headlines and performances they had all year.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:36 PM   #7
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Pretty damning evidence of just how inadequate their focus and attention to detail is...yet theyve added a whole new mini game in NHL Three's!?!?!

Inexcusable. I usually defend the game year in and year out--but this is just pure laziness. Im sorry, EA. Im happy enough with NHL17 that ill just stick with it until you guys put out a product that shows you know what really matters.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:02 PM   #8
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Pretty damning evidence of just how inadequate their focus and attention to detail is...yet theyve added a whole new mini game in NHL Three's!?!?!

Inexcusable. I usually defend the game year in and year out--but this is just pure laziness. Im sorry, EA. Im happy enough with NHL17 that ill just stick with it until you guys put out a product that shows you know what really matters.
I'm happy with NHL 15 which is the last NHL game I actually played. Skipped 16 due to lack of modes, bought 17 but hardly played it. It's been MLB The Show all year around the past couple years and looks like it's gonna be it this year again sadly. They have hit rock bottom that's for sure!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »