Home

How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18

This is a discussion on How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2017, 12:44 AM   #97
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18

couple years into one of my franchises, TOR gets in cap trouble and Matthews (90) ends up in the FA list. I'd be stupid not to give him an offer sheet for (i think it was 6mil) - a 1st 2nd 3rd round pick compensation.

Don't really have room in the lineup for him but you make it work, right. Petterson developed very nicely his skating up to 99, started him in the AHL and his overall jumped like ten or fifteen points during the season. at the trade deadline, i promote him to NHL - my ahl team leads the league at that time with Petterson on the team. by the end of the season, without him they miss the playoffs. Petterson ended up going from like 72 to 85 during the season.

i always have trouble getting to the cap floor when rebuilding the canucks... i build a young fast team i want to roll with for a few years and develop at like 40mil. need some lousy contract guys from FA i guess. Dorsett usually ends up getting buried and he doesn't seem to mind being a healthy scratch

I'm simming one now, i moved a ton of the old guys and big salaries, and i'm gonna build around many of the current canucks prospects.. so far it is Dahlen getting really good early, not petterson... and the Sedins don't want to re-sign... but i am still 17mil below the floor... egads!
Old 11-03-2017, 11:58 AM   #98
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
I finished my inaugural season with the Seattle Storm 43-30-9.

Made a big trade right before the trade deadline as I was just hanging onto the wildcard spot at the time, and I wanted to make a playoff push - not something I expected to be able to do with an expansion franchise in season one.

Nashville gets:
Justin Abdelkader
Antionne Vermette
Dallas' 2018 first rounder

Seattle gets:
Ryan Johansson
Trevor Daley

I also called up Reid Boucher (57 pts in 56 games with AHL Omaha Mavericks) and Phil Di Guiseppe.

Making my lines going into the playoffs:

Grabner - Johansson - Burakovsky
Hemsky - Letestu - Soderberg
Boucher - Danault - Di Guiseppe
Anderson - Burmistrov - Smith-Pelly

Brodin - Ekholm
Daley - Bogosian
Stone - Petrovic

Grubauer
Stolarz

1st ever Seattle Storm playoff series with the Winnipeg Jets - the Jets were without their top center and leading scorer Schiefele (85 pts). The Jets outplayed and outshot us the whole series, but we got off to a 2-1 series lead thanks to a hot Philip Grubauer in net. That wouldn't last though and we got eliminated in overtime of game 6 at home.

Of course, that Dallas pick I traded away ended up winning the lotto and the Preds took a 78 overall defenseman with the first overall pick.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
About midway through season 2 with the Seattle Storm, sitting at 18-11-5 and holding onti a wildcard spot at the moment.

My biggest offseason moves was signing Rick Nash and calling up another scoring threat from Omaha named Seth Griffith. I also just basically gave the Carl Soderberg to the Ducks for a low level prospect because he wasn't being productive and his contract was a concern. I had to retain half his salary to pull it off though. Lines now are:

Grabner - Johansen - Hemsky
Nash - Letestu - Burakovsky
Brown - Danault - Anderson
Boucher - Burmistrov - Griffith

Ekholm - Brodin
Daley - Stone
Bogosian - Petrovic

Grubauer
Subban

My second line has been the most productive, lead by Burakovsky who's on a PPG pace, and Grubauer leads the NHL in save percentage (.940) and is second in GAA.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-14-2017, 01:40 PM   #99
Just started!

Also created a Seattle expansion squad, a lot of fun! I'm a big Ducks fan, let me know how Soderberg does in Anaheim?
Old 11-28-2017, 10:43 PM   #100
Rookie

Hockey13Playa's Arena

Going to play as Quebec as the 32nd expansion. Going through selecting my players I notice players like Trevor Daley still on Pittsburgh, Shattenkirk on Washington, Doan on Arizona etc. Can we somehow use most current rosters prior to doing franchise/expansion draft?

Last edited by Hockey13Playa; 11-28-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:19 AM   #101
Rookie

Hockey13Playa's Arena

Also,

One other random question. Designing my teams jerseys for the expansion team and they were Reebok Edge jerseys. Will they actually be the the Adidas Adizero jerseys when I play my games? If not that’s rather silly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 02:16 PM   #102
Rookie

Guys I need some help. Having a hard time decideing what to do in the 32nd team expansion. I’m debating between the following cities:
1. Seattle
2. Kansas City Outlaws
3. Quebec Nordiques (No Dekes)
4. Halifax

In sports I follow: Penguins, Eagles, Chiefs, Phillies, 76ers
Old 11-30-2017, 01:29 PM   #103
Rookie

My setup.
NHL: Quebec Nordiques
AHL: Alaska Aces (moved from ECHL)

Things got interesting today after the Expansion and Entry drafts. I traded Martinez (D-LA) to Edmonton for a 2018 1st Round & 2018 3rd Round pick.

Traded Johnson (D-CLB) & Grabner (LW-NYR) to Montreal for a 2018 1st round Pick & 2018 2nd Round Pick.

Debating if I should try and move for Burakovsky when I get home. I know the Caps will get a 1st & 3rd if I sign him.

What do you guys think? Also is it definitely my Picks rades or can I choose at seasons end which ones the caps get?
Old 11-30-2017, 01:35 PM   #104
Rookie

Atticusxj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dneville80
My setup.
NHL: Quebec Nordiques
AHL: Alaska Aces (moved from ECHL)

Things got interesting today after the Expansion and Entry drafts. I traded Martinez (D-LA) to Edmonton for a 2018 1st Round & 2018 3rd Round pick.

Traded Johnson (D-CLB) & Grabner (LW-NYR) to Montreal for a 2018 1st round Pick & 2018 2nd Round Pick.

Debating if I should try and move for Burakovsky when I get home. I know the Caps will get a 1st & 3rd if I sign him.

What do you guys think? Also is it definitely my Picks rades or can I choose at seasons end which ones the caps get?
Sign burakovsky to a 1 year deal you can get it down to only costing a 2nd. Same with spooner.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »