Home

How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18

This is a discussion on How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2018, 06:25 PM   #465
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
Look around this thread, SeattleBattleCat has his full stats (and lines) in his posts

actually having something similar in small sample size, with 4th line Center Danault leading all players with 5/3 in 5 games. My theory is that it might also have to do with your 4th liners maybe facing weaker lines ?

Started off the season 4-1, all home games. Offense has been great, defense pretty much abysmal with me still struggling to contain other teams. But think that'll improve, then might lower some sliders for my offense and then thinks should be pretty balanced
They seem to have some nice seperation, now idk how their players are rated but judging by the names it seems fine.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2018, 07:07 PM   #466
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
They seem to have some nice seperation, now idk how their players are rated but judging by the names it seems fine.
How many games has your team played in the season so far?

Its not uncommon in a small sample of games for a 3rd or 4th line player to be outperforming his higher teammates, however over time you should notice he will decline in production throughout the year and the 1st/2nd line guys really start to move ahead.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:24 AM   #467
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBattleCat
How many games has your team played in the season so far?

Its not uncommon in a small sample of games for a 3rd or 4th line player to be outperforming his higher teammates, however over time you should notice he will decline in production throughout the year and the 1st/2nd line guys really start to move ahead.
that would great, I love to have a guy or two in the scoring race. it's like 50 percent of the motivation for me, as important as doing well in the standings lol. after reading abt the insufficient player seperation and seeing results reflecting it myself i got a bit concerned. I'm 20 games in btw.

SM-G955F

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 02-06-2018, 05:00 AM   #468
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
that would great, I love to have a guy or two in the scoring race. it's like 50 percent of the motivation for me, as important as doing well in the standings lol. after reading abt the insufficient player seperation and seeing results reflecting it myself i got a bit concerned. I'm 20 games in btw.

SM-G955F
The separation is there. It's less evident with teams where most players are between 75-85 overall. I had a team with a 95 overall C, nobody else above 83 up front. He ended up with 105 pts and the next highest was 60 on my team. All simmed.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 02-06-2018, 10:16 PM   #469
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Quote:

SM-G955F
You'll see more separation if your crank the Attribute Effects slider up. I play with it at 10/10.

Part of the problem with bottom liners getting more than their usual allotment of points in played games is that their TOI isn't necessarily reflective of their "real" TOI since the clock moves at varying speeds depending on the game situation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2018, 03:18 PM   #470
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Just started my Franchise in 18. Got the sliders where I like them and been having competitive games, stats been even and really been fun.

Then today, it was strange. I outshot the computer 34 to 4..............AND I LOST 3-1. The whole game was strange, I am going to reload the sliders and hope for the best.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:31 AM   #471
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
About midway through season 2 with the Seattle Storm, sitting at 18-11-5 and holding onti a wildcard spot at the moment.

My biggest offseason moves was signing Rick Nash and calling up another scoring threat from Omaha named Seth Griffith. I also just basically gave the Carl Soderberg to the Ducks for a low level prospect because he wasn't being productive and his contract was a concern. I had to retain half his salary to pull it off though. Lines now are:

Grabner - Johansen - Hemsky
Nash - Letestu - Burakovsky
Brown - Danault - Anderson
Boucher - Burmistrov - Griffith

Ekholm - Brodin
Daley - Stone
Bogosian - Petrovic

Grubauer
Subban

My second line has been the most productive, lead by Burakovsky who's on a PPG pace, and Grubauer leads the NHL in save percentage (.940) and is second in GAA.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Finished year 2 with The Storm second in the Western conference with 48 wins. I also managed to sell out all 41 home games on the season. Ryan Johansen led the team in points with 77. Ovechkin led the NHL in goals with 67(!).

Lines going into the playoffs:

Grabner - Johansen - Burakovsky
Nash - Letestu - Boucher
Burmistrov - Danault - Connor Brown
Griffith - Di Guiseppe - Anderson

Brodin - Ekholm
Bogosian - Daley
Stone - Petrovic

Grubauer
Subban

Seattle matched up with #3 seed and division rival, the Anaheim Ducks.

Game 1: SEA 1 - 0 ANA
Game 2: SEA 3 - 0 ANA
Game 3: SEA 4 - 3 ANA
Game 4: SEA 2 - 1 ANA (OT)

Following the franchise's first ever playoff series win (and sweep) The Storm take on the Minnesota Wild in round 2.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2018, 01:57 AM   #472
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

The Seattle Battle Cats Just finished the 2022/23 Regular Season:

Record: 44-28-10 (2nd in Central Div)

& ready for another playoffs tilt.

You can read their progress in my Hockey Dynasty thread here on the Operations Sports forum BY CLICKING HERE

(or if you are viewing via the Operation Sports App - tap your finger on this post, tap on 'Web View' and then tap the Bold Red Link above once you are in your web viewer)

Last edited by SeattleBattleCat; 02-08-2018 at 02:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »