Home

How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18

This is a discussion on How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2018, 01:18 PM   #593
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18

I have 4 profiles: superstar: full sim 20 Minutes & All-Star: Full Sim 20 Minutes & All-Star: Full Sim 8 Minutes & All-Star: Competitive 20 or 8 Minutes (kinda nostigatic).

now my 8 Minutes for all-star full sim, we missed the playoffs , but my AHL Afflicate didn't; am currently in round 2 against stocketon heat; we eliminated san diego gulls in 3-1 and we are tied in series with stocketon heat 2-2 games a piece, we had won game 1 and lost last two games before winning game 4 2-0.

am also playing with settings to make it speedy and stuff; so if I win the AHL calder cup; I will let you know.

am also now experimenting with game speed: 1 and player acceleration: CPU: 25 and Human: 25.

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 06-10-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:07 AM   #594
Rookie

Northernwolf's Arena

Hey folks!

Very low on Seattle Thunder news here.

Unfortunately I have some bad news and some good ones.

So I will try to keep things short here.

After last time I posted things..

.. well I have become a father for the first time in my life! :-)

.. and for the last month I have not touched any games.
But here the other night I wanted to get back to my Seattle Thunder and Portland Vikings while having a night shift for our newborn.

Unfortunately my PS4 decided it was time to completely crash and not restart without me reinstalling the latest version - by a usb port.

That did not go so well, as all my games and all my saves, everything got wiped.

So Im getting a new PS4 and sending this one to the heap!

So I will have to restart my NHL 18 career with a new game. That means hours of tweaking sliders and uniforms, goalie gear and.. You know what? it is not worth it.

After seeing what EA sent us as an early look at what we can expect for next years game I just dont think I want to do it over right now. In short: I was not impressed with NHL 19 first trailer.

Lots of hollow talk and very little effort.

In either case I have other more important roles in life right now.

I might get back to NHL 18 at another time. It was fun while it lasted!
Old 06-25-2018, 09:18 AM   #595
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernwolf
Hey folks!

Very low on Seattle Thunder news here.

Unfortunately I have some bad news and some good ones.

So I will try to keep things short here.

After last time I posted things..

.. well I have become a father for the first time in my life! :-)

.. and for the last month I have not touched any games.
But here the other night I wanted to get back to my Seattle Thunder and Portland Vikings while having a night shift for our newborn.

Unfortunately my PS4 decided it was time to completely crash and not restart without me reinstalling the latest version - by a usb port.

That did not go so well, as all my games and all my saves, everything got wiped.

So Im getting a new PS4 and sending this one to the heap!

So I will have to restart my NHL 18 career with a new game. That means hours of tweaking sliders and uniforms, goalie gear and.. You know what? it is not worth it.

After seeing what EA sent us as an early look at what we can expect for next years game I just dont think I want to do it over right now. In short: I was not impressed with NHL 19 first trailer.

Lots of hollow talk and very little effort.

In either case I have other more important roles in life right now.

I might get back to NHL 18 at another time. It was fun while it lasted!

Congrats to you and your partner on your first child.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2018, 12:47 AM   #596
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

congrats man!
Old 07-08-2018, 05:40 PM   #597
Rookie

After deciding if I should re-stock or re-build... I've won the cup! Was going to focus on building around my young core (Horvat, Boeser, Petterson, Demko, etc.) but that was counting on the Sedins retiring after three years... which they did not. So I decided to re-build on the fly while still keeping some of my veterans.

After a regular season record of 43-28-11, the playoffs went like this

4-3 series win over the Sharks

4-3 series win over the Kings

4-1 series win over the Preds

4-2 series win over the Rangers

Brock Boeser won the Conn Smythe with 27 points in 25 games (16 goals, 11 assists)

In the off-season, both Drew Doughty and Erik Karlsson were UFA's. I had a little over $7M in cap space, and they were both wanting around $7.5M. Tried everything possible to move Markus Granlund (around $3M). Chris Tanev (around $4M), and Loui Eriksson (around $6M) as a package deal/salary dump to make room.

Absolutely NOBODY wanted Eriksson's contract, which meant I didn't have enough room to sign either Doughty or Karlsson. I ended up trading Markus Granlund to Pittsburgh for Brian Dumolin. Then I traded Michael Del Zotto, Chris Tanev, and 2022 3rd for Kevin Shattenkirk and a 2022 1st.

My roster for the upcoming season is as follows:

Sven Baertschi - Bo Horvat - Brock Boeser

Jake DeBrusk - Elias Petterson - Jonathan Dahlen

Loui Eriksson - Adam Gaudette - Jake Virtanen

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Joe Veleno

Ben Hutton - Kevin Shattenkirk

Olli Juolevi - Troy Stecher

Brian Dumolin - Alex Edler

Thatcher Demko

Jacob Markstrom

Definitely need to bulk-up my defensive core, but I do have a few pretty solid prospects coming up in a year or two. As good as he has played for us, I'd still like to try and move Loui Eriksson, even if it's for a player with much less skill. Managed to re-sign Boeser, Demko, Stecher, Juolevi, Virtanen, DeBrusk and Hutton, even with Eriksson's contract on the books, so it's not a huge hindrance on the team. All in all, excited to see what this team can do!
Old 07-14-2018, 04:47 PM   #598
Rookie

After his final year of his rookie contract (and already being an 85), Joe Veleno was asking for a big contract, which I didn't want to give to him just in case it was a one-off sort of year. So, I flipped Veleno and the Canucks 1st rounder (31st) to Buffalo for their 1st rounder (1st overall.) I then traded my 1st overall pick to the Dallas for their 3rd overall pick and John Klingberg. Ended up selecting left-winger Joel Wilkinson (79 overall, elite, two-way forward.)

Simmed the entire season, and was eliminated in the WCF by the Sharks. This is when the young guns really start to show off...

Started off the next season 28-6-1. Boeser and Petterson were lighting up the league. Fast forward to the end of the season, and we finished 57-19-6. Brock Boeser led the league in scoring with 52 goals and 107 points. Elias Pettersson finished second in the league with 20 goals and 102 points.

Swept the Coyotes in the first round.
Swept the Flames in the second round.
Beat Winnipeg 4-1 in the WCF
Beat Columbus 4-2 in the SCF.

Two Stanley Cups in three years for the Canucks! We won the Cup, Presidents trophy, Boeser won the Art Ross, Hart, and Rocket Richard. Pettersson won the Lady Byng, Horvat won the Selke and Demko won the Vezina.

In the off-season, we had some decisions to make. Daniel retired, but Henrik did not. We have some young guys that are too good for the AHL, but not much space in the NHL. Decided to NOT re-sign Antoine Roussel and Kevin Shattenkirk, leaving us around $8M in free agency. With Edler aging, and Shattenkirk gone, we needed to sign a big name... and did! Jonas Brodin was signed to a 4-year, $7.1M per year contract. My roster for the upcoming season is:

Sven Baertschi - Elias Pettersson - Brock Boeser

Joel Wilkinson - Bo Horvat - Jake Virtanen

Jonathan Dahlen - Adam Gaudette - Kole Lind

Jake Debrusk - Henrik Sedin - Petrus Palmu

Jonas Brodin - Olli Juolevi

Ben Hutton - John Klingberg

Alex Edler - Troy Stecher

Thatcher Demko

Alex Stalock

Last edited by allenbraxton; 07-14-2018 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:59 AM   #599
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I think I have my sliders where I want them. Dove into Franchise mode the other day. I've created a 32nd team - the Cleveland Barons.

From 1976-1978 they were an NHL team that played at Richfield Coliseum. I've looked at many pictures and spent around 3 hours just setting up my uniforms, arena - all that peripheral stuff. Drafted my team, went through the NHL entry draft, free agency period - made a couple of trades. I've played 4 preseason games - 0-3-1. It's a process...

Will just finish out preseason to make sure my sliders play out well and then start the journey. I'm guessing I may fizzle out. But I'm playing 7 minute periods, so hopefully it won't get long and drawn out. Still trying to manage my roster and might trade off a couple guys and see if I can land a franchise player.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:19 AM   #600
Rookie

TomSellecksMustache's Arena

OVR: 6

Just drafted a goalie in the 6th round of the 2023 draft.

His name you ask?

Stuart Goalie

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »