Home

How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18

This is a discussion on How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2017, 08:39 PM   #57
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18

I just saw it, you can now see out of town scores , it will show it on scoreboard, you can also view others lines and stats of other NHLers, but not stats of other dudes in-game, but you do those I mentioned.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:26 PM   #58
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

KINGS SURVIVE SHORT HANDED IN OT IN SAN JOSE

On the very first shift of the game, First line Center Anze Kopitar got ejected after a 5 minute boarding major, forcing the Kings to play down a man for almost the entire game. On the opening 5 min PP, SJ notched 1 goal by Joe Pavelski.

The Kings were able to rebound and regroup and won their second straight game of the season, this time in Overtime on a Power Play Game Winning goal from undrafted rookie Alex Iafallo. The goal is the first of his career.

Goal of the game:
Old 10-07-2017, 05:46 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcpappin
Weird Question:

I have not played in couple years (more of an old school gamer, ie. offline season/GM mode) I remember not being happy that you could not check other scores/results.. Is this still the case?

I agree, this is kinda lacking. You will see out of town scores on the score bug in game, and scrolling across the top of the menus the following day, but once you sim past that, you’re out of luck.

Anyway,
I’m at the end of January in year 2 with my expansion team and surprisingly holding on to the Metro lead. Tanked and stocked up on prospects and picks in year 1 and it’s already paying off. An absolutely stacked and deep AHL team is paying dividends on player growth and injury replacement.

Jonas Brodin has already grown to an 87, Joonas Korpisalo to an 84, and Daniel Sprong (acquired from PIT) to a 79. Locked up those 3 + Ryan Strome + Tyler Myers long term as the franchise cornerstones. Oh, and I have a medium elite center waiting down in the minors.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-07-2017, 09:17 PM   #60
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Always curious how guys play their lines. Do you use your teams real lines or make your own?
Old 10-08-2017, 08:58 AM   #61
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Always curious how guys play their lines. Do you use your teams real lines or make your own?
I tweak here and there. If I win, I usually don't change anything.. I lose, I tweak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 12:38 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 7

Newbie here, I'm wondering if there's a mode, kind of like on Madden, where multiple users can play a cloud franchise together or something like that? Contemplating picking this up depending on this.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2017, 09:24 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhamstar
Newbie here, I'm wondering if there's a mode, kind of like on Madden, where multiple users can play a cloud franchise together or something like that? Contemplating picking this up depending on this.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately no it does not

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2017, 11:39 AM   #64
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

Started an expansion franchise with the Seattle Storm last night. And I'm having fun with it so far.

My only two big offseason moves were:

1) I traded Alex Martinez (84 ovr, Top 4 D) to Dallas for their 2018 first round pick because I already had a solid defensive group behind him, he's 29, and I'm in rebuild (maybe just build?) mode.

2) Signed Andre Burakovsky to a 4-year deal in free agency. He's a 22-year-old sniper with Low - Elite potential, so worst-case scenario he winds up being a Top 6 forward, he's already skating on my top line now. He was an RFA though, so I had to compensate the Capitals with my 2018 1st and 3rd rounders - I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't already acquired Dallas' 1st rounder.

The games I'm going to play each season are:

- Home opener
- Road Opener
- Any game versus rival (Vancouver Canucks)
- Last game of regular season
- One additional regular season game per calendar month
- All playoff games.

This should help me get through 4-5 seasons while still having *some* impact.

My notable players are:

Forwards: Mark Letestu, Andre Burakovsky, Carl Soderberg, Justin Abdelkader, Michael Grabner, Ales Hemsky

Defense: Jonas Brodin, Mattias Ekholm, Zach Bogosian

Goalies: Phillip Grubauer, Anthony Stolarz

I started the season off with a 5-2 road win over the Vegas Golden Knights, but have slipped to 2-4-0 after that. The sim engine clearly does not like my roster... but that makes sense when your best player is only an 83.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »