Home

Are you playing on Full Sim or Competitive Presets for Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on Are you playing on Full Sim or Competitive Presets for Franchise Mode? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2017, 02:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 01:24 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Are you playing on Full Sim or Competitive Presets for Franchise Mode?

I'm playing full sim. And to be honest I am really getting irritated. Something that touts itself as being "FULL SIM" should not generate 90 shots per team per game and 20 combined goals, which is happening to me regularly. This is making me greatly want to throw my game out of the window.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:10 PM   #3
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah, full sim is absolute B.S. thus far. Besides the shots and goals being extremely bloated, if you play on All Star (I haven't tried Superstar) the AI have magically powers you don't.

What's more? I haven't yet had a game with more than 2 penalties called and that's teams combined! EA really licks donkey eggs.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:49 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

I was reading the description of these last night and they make no sense to me. It says "Competitive" is balanced. What does balanced mean? Does that mean players play according to the ratings and/or the CPU nor the HUM has an advantage?

Then you read FULL SIM, but makes you wonder what EA thinks SIM is. If competitive says "balanced", what exactly does SIM do??
Old 09-23-2017, 08:58 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

This may have been obvious to others over the years, but do Human settings ONLY apply to the player you control WHILE you control him? For the longest time I would attempt to use sliders to manage the built in advantage computer teams, players have, and then late last year it dawned on me that Human does NOT refer to the team being controlled by me in any given game, ONLY the player I control. So in setting up this year, I have been playing Pro with CPU goalie sliders turned way up, CPU shot accuracy turned way down, and Human shot accuracy at around 25, AI Learning maxed out, and CPU difficulty maxed out. I play manual aiming and with 10 minute periods I've been getting really good results and gameplay.

In a nutshell, I set the game to I am an Expert, FULL SIM, and then CPU goalie save sliders to 85-90, nearly across the board, and then CPU shot accuracy and one timer accuracy to 10, CPU Slap Shot at 40. Human shot and one timer accuracy is 35 and Slap Shot at 40.

Penalties I have both CPU and CPU Teammate sliders pretty high at 85 and 75 respective.

My intent here was to get something that feels and looks like an actual game without feeling like I am pre-ordained to win because of the Pro setting. Anyway, for my individual skill this works out really well...games are competitive, I get wild swings in penalties from game to game. Just for fun I changed to All-Star with everything else left the same and was down 4-0 by the 15 minute mark, trailing 6-1 midway through the 2nd and there were no penalties being called.

I refuse to pay $60.00 for a sports title that makes me play 5 minute periods to attain any measure of realistic statistics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 11:35 PM   #6
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
I was reading the description of these last night and they make no sense to me. It says "Competitive" is balanced. What does balanced mean? Does that mean players play according to the ratings and/or the CPU nor the HUM has an advantage?

Then you read FULL SIM, but makes you wonder what EA thinks SIM is. If competitive says "balanced", what exactly does SIM do??

Where were you reading this? I can't seem to find it, not within the game anyway.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:48 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

It's under game settings. When you select a preset the definitions are on the right.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:10 AM   #8
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
It's under game settings. When you select a preset the definitions are on the right.

Ahh, I see it now.

As far as your question "what does SIM do?" For me, it makes me yell at my girlfriend and dog for no reason at all. This game is literally driving me insane the same as this site is doing to me right now as every time it has to load a new ad, it re-orients me. God, do I need to find another hobby than sports gaming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »