Home

When does the next roster update come out?

This is a discussion on When does the next roster update come out? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2017, 10:24 AM   #41
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: When does the next roster update come out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Man I know some of it is not EAs fault but waiting until November to get a somewhat complete and somewhat accurate roster (I say that because EAs rosters always have errors) to start my season is an absolute joke. ROSTER SHARE EA.........For the love God please........

Preach, brother! Imagine all the management time they would save!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2017, 11:01 AM   #42
Rookie

Christian9's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman
Preach, brother! Imagine all the management time they would save!

I have to say it’s amazing they do not come out and address this. Not that there theoretically could be an excuse that would make sense, at least hearing something would make me feel like they cared enough to speak to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #43
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian9
I have to say it’s amazing they do not come out and address this. Not that there theoretically could be an excuse that would make sense, at least hearing something would make me feel like they cared enough to speak to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Exactly....and there is no legitimate excuse because EA did mention it once. I can’t remember when but it was either before NHL17 or before NHL18 but they said, and I’m paraphrasing, “we know Roster share is something that people have asked for for awhile and it’s something we will look into in the future”.
WHEN??
Old 10-26-2017, 08:46 AM   #44
Rookie

So what does this roster update offer that the one in early October didn’t? I’m getting tired of editing player equipment only to have it reverted a week later. Is this roster update worth it?
Old 10-26-2017, 09:09 AM   #45
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevendah
So what does this roster update offer that the one in early October didn’t? I’m getting tired of editing player equipment only to have it reverted a week later. Is this roster update worth it?
For me, the November update is the key one because the AHL and CHL are more or less completely up to date to reflect the 2017-18 season.

https://forums.operationsports.com/n...available-now/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2017, 10:21 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
For me, the November update is the key one because the AHL and CHL are more or less completely up to date to reflect the 2017-18 season.

https://forums.operationsports.com/n...available-now/
You’re right. In this year’s case though, they’re advertising it as the update where rookies are with their NHL teams, but they also were on the last update. If it’s just AHL and CHL adjustments I’ll live with it.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:27 AM   #47
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevendah
You’re right. In this year’s case though, they’re advertising it as the update where rookies are with their NHL teams, but they also were on the last update. If it’s just AHL and CHL adjustments I’ll live with it.
It's not just adjustments. It's basically where they add the new players to the CHL and Euro leagues, who, if you play franchise, are the prospects a few years down the line.

The first roster update is always to add rookies to their NHL teams, however, a lot of other pros who didn't make their NHL team, but are too old to play in junior are removed from the game because they haven't signed their PHPA paperwork and don't appear in their AHL clubs. So if you start with the current update you'll most likely be down quite a few prospects, and the CHL and Euro leagues won't have all the young players either.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 10-26-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:35 AM   #48
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

It’s just so annoying that the game comes out in early September but you can’t start a season or Franchise until early November. I understand that there are rules regarding the minor league players but I find myself saying all the time, you don’t have these frustrations with any other sports titles. By the time I have my season ready to roll the real season will be more than 1/4 of the way through.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »