Home

When does the next roster update come out?

This is a discussion on When does the next roster update come out? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2017, 03:33 PM   #49
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: When does the next roster update come out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
It’s just so annoying that the game comes out in early September but you can’t start a season or Franchise until early November. I understand that there are rules regarding the minor league players but I find myself saying all the time, you don’t have these frustrations with any other sports titles. By the time I have my season ready to roll the real season will be more than 1/4 of the way through.
Devils advocate:
-NBA has 15 player rosters, doesn't have the same CBA rules as the NHL. Also they don't actually provide draft classes (you can create/share them though...)
-NFL has 50 or whatever, but also doesn't have minors, etc. Also doesn't have the same CBA rules. Also doesn't provide draft classes.
-MLB will give you accurate 25 man rosters for MLB after the season starts, plus some guys with service time, but you'll never actually get accurate rosters. Looking for a top prospect with no service time yet? Here's fake prospect A, B or C to choose from. Also doesn't provide draft classes.

NHL is delivering the same or more that any of these franchises when it comes to rosters. The fact that within the next couple of weeks we'll have euro league rosters, the CHL, etc. is outstanding, and far more immersive than any of the other titles. Difference is that they don't have a roster share feature, which is pretty ridiculous, and should absolutely be a feature in this game.

I get that every year people get rattled about the rosters, but do yourself a favor...create an expansion team and enjoy your time until we get a solid update.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:08 PM   #50
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
Devils advocate:
-NBA has 15 player rosters, doesn't have the same CBA rules as the NHL. Also they don't actually provide draft classes (you can create/share them though...)
-NFL has 50 or whatever, but also doesn't have minors, etc. Also doesn't have the same CBA rules. Also doesn't provide draft classes.
-MLB will give you accurate 25 man rosters for MLB after the season starts, plus some guys with service time, but you'll never actually get accurate rosters. Looking for a top prospect with no service time yet? Here's fake prospect A, B or C to choose from. Also doesn't provide draft classes.

NHL is delivering the same or more that any of these franchises when it comes to rosters. The fact that within the next couple of weeks we'll have euro league rosters, the CHL, etc. is outstanding, and far more immersive than any of the other titles. Difference is that they don't have a roster share feature, which is pretty ridiculous, and should absolutely be a feature in this game.

I get that every year people get rattled about the rosters, but do yourself a favor...create an expansion team and enjoy your time until we get a solid update.
Well you are 100% accurate on all but you also hit the point all of us have been hammering home for years now.....all those games have Roster vaults or Roster share. Just give us that and we will be happy because experience shows that the average weekend warrior creates better and more accurate rosters then any paid lackey for any sports tithe around.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:31 AM   #51
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Well you are 100% accurate on all but you also hit the point all of us have been hammering home for years now.....all those games have Roster vaults or Roster share. Just give us that and we will be happy because experience shows that the average weekend warrior creates better and more accurate rosters then any paid lackey for any sports tithe around.
100%. Fingers crossed that it happens in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2017, 10:46 AM   #52
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

All EA has to do is look at MLB the Show and how successful that has been with roster shares. Boggles the mind as to why they have omitted this from the game.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:50 PM   #53
MVP

As a mod do you have direct access to the devs? If so mention it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2017, 10:52 PM   #54
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
All EA has to do is look at MLB the Show and how successful that has been with roster shares. Boggles the mind as to why they have omitted this from the game.
All they have to do is look at MLB The Show for a number of areas.....try to be like them and you'll have a happy, loyal customer base

Roster Sharing
Roster Customization
Sliders - amount of options/customization, effectiveness, explanation of slider, etc.
Gameplay Improvements - MLB The Show is 100% dedicated to realism and franchise experience....focus on a true to life representation of the sport

MLB The Show is the benchmark for sports games and any company that produces sports titles would be wise to emulate them
Old 10-28-2017, 09:33 AM   #55
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

I hadn’t been on the game in 2 nights and just noticed their is an update as of the 24th. Did you guys realize that or no? The posts in the thread made me feel like that would be a no.

It does not have the Pens most recent trade of Wilson for Sheahan. Wilson had already played a game with the Wings prior to the 24th. Not sure why that trade wasn’t in, but is what it is. Lol
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2017, 01:07 AM   #56
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

10/31 roster out tonight

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »