Home

Help with Faceoffs & Penalties when Shooting

This is a discussion on Help with Faceoffs & Penalties when Shooting within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2017, 03:07 PM   #1
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
Help with Faceoffs & Penalties when Shooting

I've been playing MyTeam until I start my Franchise (after the season starts).

And I guess I need help on Faceoffs. The first games on there I think are on easy. And I win 9 out of 10 Faceoffs. Now I am on the Semi-Pro games. I have good timing (get the green saying so), but loose every single Faceoff (but can win the games). I don't get it. If I have good timing, why would I not win at least some of them???

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I get a lot of Penalties when hitting shoot.

I'll pass, going for a 1 timer and hit X, but then if it's intercepted or deflected, I might hit it more than once and will get a penalty a lot. Or on loose pucks/rebounds, i will tap shoot and get penalties.

Is there something I can do to stop getting penalties when I am trying to score?

(I use Hybrid, instead of Skill Stick controls, because I hate the passing being on top of the controller instead of hitting A - Xone.)

Thanks for any help!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #2
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Re: Help with Faceoffs & Penalties when Shooting

Can anyone help me with why I lose every single Faceoff, despite getting a "Green" good timing notification? There's no way I should go 0-10 every game.

Is this glitched or what?

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2017, 09:20 PM   #3
Rookie

CaptainSuperman's Arena

OVR: 0

Not sure if this could be the problem but I notice that if I put my stick down as soon as I'm able to, or if the ref waits longer than usual to drop the puck, I'll always lose. So try to put your stick down a few moments after they do, or even just reset your grip.

Another tip but is not going to be as easy to do, is notice their grip, whether they are forehand or backhand. Without playing the game right now, it's hard to explain, but it's kinda like rock/paper/scissors. If they go forehand, go backhand and push them out of the way with up on the left stick. If they go backhand, go forehand and stick lift them by pushing up on the right stick. It's not exact and 100%, but it'll get you going in the right direction.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:10 PM   #4
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSuperman
Not sure if this could be the problem but I notice that if I put my stick down as soon as I'm able to, or if the ref waits longer than usual to drop the puck, I'll always lose. So try to put your stick down a few moments after they do, or even just reset your grip.

Another tip but is not going to be as easy to do, is notice their grip, whether they are forehand or backhand. Without playing the game right now, it's hard to explain, but it's kinda like rock/paper/scissors. If they go forehand, go backhand and push them out of the way with up on the left stick. If they go backhand, go forehand and stick lift them by pushing up on the right stick. It's not exact and 100%, but it'll get you going in the right direction.
Thanks for the reply.

Is there anywhere that lists the controlls for Faceoffs (unfortunately under Control settings, they have Offense, Defense, Goalies, and Fighting, but not Faceoffs)?

Which buttons/directions do I press to do the Faceoffs of Backhand/Forehand/Lift Stick on Xone? And how do you know which one the Cpu is doing?

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2017, 03:32 PM   #5
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Is there anywhere that lists the controls for Faceoffs (unfortunately under Control settings, they have Offense, Defense, Goalies, and Fighting, but not Faceoffs)?

Which buttons/directions do I press to do the Faceoffs of Backhand/Forehand/Lift Stick on Xone? And how do you know which one the Cpu is doing?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 12:19 PM   #6
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

I still lose most faceoffs.

Is there somewhere that says which controls to use when (how do I know which the computer is doing to counter it)?
Old 10-19-2017, 08:12 PM   #7
Rookie

CaptainSuperman's Arena

OVR: 0

Here's a link I found that explains things in good detail. Go down to controls to get the skinny

https://cheltips.com/win-faceoffs-ea...rehandBackhand
Old 10-20-2017, 12:32 PM   #8
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Thanks for the reply.

Although I still don't know which to do to counter the CPU. How do I know which one they are doing, so to counter it?

I haven't gotten a Hockey game for several years and back then it was just press A at the right time to win (like a jump ball in basketball).

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »