Home

Attribute Effects

This is a discussion on Attribute Effects within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2017, 06:01 PM   #89
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Attribute Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Using Attribute Effects 10/10 as a base.. I'm still tweaking a few things like shooting accuracy, goalie sliders and checking sliders.

I would seriously love for EA to come out with an in depth video guide to gameplay sliders, explaining what each does, maybe even have some gameplay video as well.
Since I play on 7 min periods, I bumped shot acc up to 50 and slap shot acc to 45 for both CPU and HUM. Among other changes I noted in your sliders thread.

Solid results and still staying true to some default ranges.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 10-23-2017, 06:30 PM   #90
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Since I play on 7 min periods, I bumped shot acc up to 50 and slap shot acc to 45 for both CPU and HUM. Among other changes I noted in your sliders thread.

Solid results and still staying true to some default ranges.
Yeah I have a good set too.. but losing 4-3 on a shot from the blue line that goes through my goalie's pad was the clincher for me. I need a break.

They don't even bother to fix stuff like this and it kills the game for me because I know it will happen again and again.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:03 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Yeah I have a good set too.. but losing 4-3 on a shot from the blue line that goes through my goalie's pad was the clincher for me. I need a break.

They don't even bother to fix stuff like this and it kills the game for me because I know it will happen again and again.
I had it happen to me the other day, cpu shot along the ice and I watched my goalie drop down before the puck got there, pad down perfectly, and bam puck right through the pad and in.

The only way I am able to get past that stuff is that I go back to the fact that it's a game, and not a total physics driven game, but one based on calculations and logic in the background with animations layered on top. The game decided once that shot was taken that it was going to be a goal, and the animation was probably supposed to trigger a little later for the goalie to go down so he would miss the puck. I've had to use this line of thinking for every sports game including Madden and the show. It breaks immersion and it's annoying to have to make excuses for it, but I've kind of made peace with it.

Been a big fan of the maxed attribute slider by the way, switched to pro with cpu difficulty maxed, ai learning maxed as opposed to all star and been having great games with the cpu. Always played on all star in past years but this version has been good so far on pro, worth a shot for anyone who is frustrated by cpu perfect passing on all star.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2017, 06:34 AM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has anyone tried a cpu vs cpu game with attributes effect maxed and using fe. NHL All-star team vs. a QMJHL team? In earlier versions the matchups were all even killing all the excitement from playing as a GM only and watching games. Has EA finally made the attributes matter?
Old 10-28-2017, 10:24 PM   #93
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman
I had it happen to me the other day, cpu shot along the ice and I watched my goalie drop down before the puck got there, pad down perfectly, and bam puck right through the pad and in.

The only way I am able to get past that stuff is that I go back to the fact that it's a game, and not a total physics driven game, but one based on calculations and logic in the background with animations layered on top. The game decided once that shot was taken that it was going to be a goal, and the animation was probably supposed to trigger a little later for the goalie to go down so he would miss the puck. I've had to use this line of thinking for every sports game including Madden and the show. It breaks immersion and it's annoying to have to make excuses for it, but I've kind of made peace with it.

Been a big fan of the maxed attribute slider by the way, switched to pro with cpu difficulty maxed, ai learning maxed as opposed to all star and been having great games with the cpu. Always played on all star in past years but this version has been good so far on pro, worth a shot for anyone who is frustrated by cpu perfect passing on all star.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
I agree I do need to get past this one glaring issue that can stop a game in its tracks for me. I don't think the game decides it's a goal.. but some collision code is not working at that moment in time so the puck just goes through the pads. Just guessing but the game must have times where collision detection is off so the game doesn't hang up or something.

It's just frustrating.. especially when you're tied or trying to hold a one goal lead late in the game.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:36 AM   #94
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

I've settled on Attribute Effects at 9/10.

On 10, shots miss the net too much for my taste, on 8 or 7 it was back to my 3rd and 4th liners scoring more than my tops lines. On 9, I can snipe with Tarasenko/Schwartz and grind with Upshall/Brodziak, it seems to be a perfect balance.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:29 AM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is there a video showing this anywhere? I don’t have NHL 18 so it would be nice to see this AE in action before I decide to buy it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2017, 08:03 PM   #96
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

OVR: 0

I just finished a QMJHL game as the Gatineau Olympiques and I noticed that with the AE slider at 9, it was a lot tougher keeping ahold of the puck. I shut out the opposition 3-0 and the shot totals were 21-20 in my favor. I’m playing on PRO difficulty using a slightly modified version of Al Tito’s sliders. I’d really be interested in playing with MizzouRahs sliders which are at All Star to see the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »