Home

Attribute Effects

This is a discussion on Attribute Effects within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2017, 05:38 PM   #97
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Attribute Effects

Looks like I'll finally be able to test this out. I gave in today after getting some money for my birthday. Might as well as its basically free for me lol. Waiting for the kids to hit the sack and I get a couple hours or so to look thru and test it out (will be rusty as I haven't really played much the past couple years or so)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2017, 02:27 PM   #98
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

Just played a game.. keep in mind its like my first game in a year or so. Vegas against my Leafs. I got my *** whooped 8-1. 52 shots against. But the scorers were the real scorers not the 3rd/4th liners Neal had a hat trick.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:51 PM   #99
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
Just played a game.. keep in mind its like my first game in a year or so. Vegas against my Leafs. I got my *** whooped 8-1. 52 shots against. But the scorers were the real scorers not the 3rd/4th liners Neal had a hat trick.

I'm barely .500 with the Blues.. it's tough, but for the most part fair. I can beat a team 5-2 then lose 4-1.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:06 PM   #100
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

Yeah I'll probably have to move down to Pro for now while I get the hang of it. It's only been one game so definitely need more games to get better feel of it.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:08 PM   #101
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

After reading through this thread I moved the Attributes Effect slider up to 9, was already on 8 so I didn't feel much of an effect.
Still I feel that the player seperation isn't nearly big enough. I'm playing with the Panthers and my best scorer through 20 games is my fourth line center MacKenzie. He will soon pass his carreer best full season numbers at the age of 36 lol. And it's not like he is getting PP minutes or anything, his TOI is about 12min per game, my best forwards get about 20mins. Just cos of that I guess it will somewhat even out over 82 games, still I feel the best players should play better and score more points as my fourth liners.

Can somebody who has played out a full season post the numbers their topscorers got and how their highest rated players did compared to the lesser guys?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-

Last edited by geisterhome; 02-05-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2018, 01:56 PM   #102
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
After reading through this thread I moved the Attributes Effect slider up to 9, was already on 8 so I didn't feel much of an effect.
Still I feel that the player seperation isn't nearly big enough. I'm playing with the Panthers and my best scorer through 20 games is my fourth line center MacKenzie. He will soon pass his carreer best full season numbers at the age of 36 lol. And it's not like he is getting PP minutes or anything, his TOI is about 12min per game, my best forwards get about 20mins. Just cos of that I guess it will somewhat even out over 82 games, still I feel the best players should play better and score more points as my fourth liners.

Can somebody who has played out a full season post the numbers their topscorers got and how their highest rated players did compared to the lesser guys?
This has been my biggest pet peeve with this game. I know what EA said a few years back as to what the AE slider should do. However, I'm getting results like you. 4th liners are scoring more then 1st liners. In a few games played, I've seen goals from the most unlikely players.

Also, the "lower rated" goalies tend to play way better. I know what everyone says, but I don't think the AE slider works correctly IMO. I'll probably just put it back to 5...I actually see goals scored by those that should. Overall feeling is that we shouldn't even have an attribute effects slider. The player ratings should dictate the play, not some slider. Having sliders affecting players and ratings doing the same thing just cancel's each other other.

Why have a pass accuracy slider if you have a pass accuracy rating? Washes it out. If I have a player with a 70 pass accuracy, but put the pass accuracy slider at 0, his ratings get affected and nullify any sim feel.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:58 AM   #103
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey Guys,

Let me start off by saying that i am strictly a franchise position lock player.

I have been following this thread for a while and what seems weird is that in my franchise I have NOT experienced any of these issues. I will admit that I do NOT play every game. I play 2 games then sim 5 games. I don't know if that makes a difference but i have played 5 full seasons and in every one my leading scorer is a 1st line player. Patrice Bergeron won every award the 2nd year and scored 51 goals and 109 points. My 4th liners avg about 15-25 points.

IMO, i feel that some sliders are connected to others and affect them when you change them. IMO, if you change the ATTRIBUTE Slider then that can be linked to many other/all sliders such as PASS ACCURACY.

One thing I know that makes this game play better is lower game speed.. If you play the game at a super fast game speed like 3/6 or higher then logic says the players would have to be nerfed to be able to keep up with the speed of the action which could cause the the 4th liners to be better players..

My game speed is 1/6 and the player skating speed is in the mid 30's. the players that are faster skating are exactly that, they are faster.

All im saying is I think everyone is concentrating on the ATTRIBUTE Slider as the end all be all.. I think its all the other sliders that make this game play way better.

Don't crucify me for my opinions, but its what i have witnessed and tested while playing.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:26 PM   #104
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
Hey Guys,

Let me start off by saying that i am strictly a franchise position lock player.

I have been following this thread for a while and what seems weird is that in my franchise I have NOT experienced any of these issues. I will admit that I do NOT play every game. I play 2 games then sim 5 games. I don't know if that makes a difference but i have played 5 full seasons and in every one my leading scorer is a 1st line player. Patrice Bergeron won every award the 2nd year and scored 51 goals and 109 points. My 4th liners avg about 15-25 points.

IMO, i feel that some sliders are connected to others and affect them when you change them. IMO, if you change the ATTRIBUTE Slider then that can be linked to many other/all sliders such as PASS ACCURACY.

One thing I know that makes this game play better is lower game speed.. If you play the game at a super fast game speed like 3/6 or higher then logic says the players would have to be nerfed to be able to keep up with the speed of the action which could cause the the 4th liners to be better players..

My game speed is 1/6 and the player skating speed is in the mid 30's. the players that are faster skating are exactly that, they are faster.

All im saying is I think everyone is concentrating on the ATTRIBUTE Slider as the end all be all.. I think its all the other sliders that make this game play way better.

Don't crucify me for my opinions, but its what i have witnessed and tested while playing.
I agree that just maxing the attribute effects slider will not lead to great gameplay by itself. There are other factors to consider.

I don't agree, however, that a lower game speed is required to see the kind of gameplay you're talking about. If you're playing a higher game speed, the key to getting realistc results is dependent on the adjustment of:
-fatigue effect
-fatigue recovery
-pass speed, and
-skating speed

That's more than 5 other sliders, in addition to attribute effects, that need to be changed. There are many combinations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »