Home

Attribute Effects

This is a discussion on Attribute Effects within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2017, 12:02 PM   #65
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Attribute Effects

I added this change to my already great slider set and holy crap, its the best gameplay ive EVER experienced. Great stuff!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2017, 08:56 PM   #66
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Gotta admit, this slider works for once. I'm not sure what they tweaked, but having it maxed does seem to bring out the good players. I stomped Florida 7-2 with the Pens at home (tomorrow's game). It was on pro, so it's not the score, but who scored. Malkin 2G 2A, Guentzel 2G 2A, Hornquist 2G, Crosby 4A. Three of those were on the PP, one on a 5-on-3.

Oh and if you want better player movement in the offensive zone, try setting your individual line strategies on the low end of cycle/shoot. Your teammates will move and rotate, as opposed to standing still covered. I was really buzzing around their zone.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:37 AM   #67
Pro

OVR: 4

After playing with this at 10, I'm not quite sure what to think. I think I've hit the net once from the point in about 100 attempts which I think is a tad unrealistic. However I do like how it makes the AI Miss more keeping their scoring down. I think I'm going to try it at 7 today and try to find a compromise.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2017, 09:51 AM   #68
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
After playing with this at 10, I'm not quite sure what to think. I think I've hit the net once from the point in about 100 attempts which I think is a tad unrealistic. However I do like how it makes the AI Miss more keeping their scoring down. I think I'm going to try it at 7 today and try to find a compromise.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
You have to aim lower, center. That far out you're going to have less accuracy just like real hockey.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:31 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree way more point shots are missing the net at 10, i might try 9 or maybe raise the accuracy to 50. I find most of my shots are going over the net by quite a bit.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:23 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just played a game with attributes on 9 and had a great game, ARZ beat me 5-3 and had 2 point shots go in. Shot totals were still very realistic, i was outshot 30-25. Def going to do some more experimenting on 9, but so far i like what i see. I also found the point shots that did miss didn't miss by as wide a margin, which i think is better.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:02 PM   #71
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

I would just bump the shot acc to 50 for wrist and slap shot if you seeing too many go wide.

That way you keep all the effects of having it at 10 with the players.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2017, 10:39 PM   #72
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

I played a few more games today, I'm almost out of my EA Access trial. Man, is this playing awesome! This is a great find. I decided to try something in my last game since the goalies are very good, which I like, but wanted to try something. I put goalie screen effect all the way up.

I scored on a wicked slapper from the point. Goalie never saw it, never moved from butterfly. The rebounds seemed very good too. Not saying it is a must, but it was definitely and interesting change of pace trying to clear a lane so my goalie could see. Made a whole new focus on defense and shot blocking.

Got about 2 games left on my trial. I have 22 games left in my NHL 17 season. I promised I wouldn't get this until I finished. So tomorrow is binge NHL 17 day to bang out a dozen or two games. (now patch me in an option to invite friends to play coop team play in franchise, please)

GOOD STUFF

Last edited by shogunofharlem3; 10-14-2017 at 10:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »