Home

Five Features We Would Love to See in NHL 19

This is a discussion on Five Features We Would Love to See in NHL 19 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2018, 04:14 PM   #73
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Five Features We Would Love to See in NHL 19

Haven't bought the game since NHL 14 on PS3. Honestly, the only way I'll ever come back is if they have roster sharing and custom music, again. Other than those 2 things, the addition I'd want most would be 31 team control. That's huge for me in sports titles, these days.
#WeAreND
Old 02-27-2018, 09:37 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 10

1. EA
2. listening
3. to its audience
4. and customers
5. just once
Old 03-01-2018, 04:13 PM   #75
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkano
The lack of Custom Soundtracks are the reason I'm still playing NHL 13. That's right. Now 5 years of the same game, because that feature makes it superior to every new game they release.

Will we EVER get that back? What's the excuse, now that MLB has Sounds of the Show?
I don't know about XB1, but on PS4 I turn the menu music volume all the way down to zero and I listen to whatever music I want to through the PS menu.

PS music runs through Spotify, so I have no idea if you need to be a Spotify premium subscriber to use it (I am a subsriber), but I'm pretty sure you don't have to be.

Having this feature built into PS4 essentially means adding custom music to the game adds no value for people like me, and I'm sure XB1 probably has something similar. That's probably why it's not a high priority of theirs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2018, 07:23 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
1. EA
2. listening
3. to its audience
4. and customers
5. just once
But they listen... to their HUT audience and their HUT customers. For the rest they don't care at all since there's zero competition for hockey games.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:15 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 3

Roster share and frostbite engine! Is there anything else!?!?!
Old 03-02-2018, 12:04 AM   #78
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honome
But they listen... to their HUT audience and their HUT customers. For the rest they don't care at all since there's zero competition for hockey games.
Perfectly fair. Just like it's perfectly fair that I haven't bought one of their hockey games in 4 years. You don't need anything after Legacy. And other than that, older 2K titles and updated rosters have you covered. That's a way better use of your money nowadays.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:07 PM   #79
Rookie

Kalkano's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
I don't know about XB1, but on PS4 I turn the menu music volume all the way down to zero and I listen to whatever music I want to through the PS menu.

PS music runs through Spotify, so I have no idea if you need to be a Spotify premium subscriber to use it (I am a subsriber), but I'm pretty sure you don't have to be.

Having this feature built into PS4 essentially means adding custom music to the game adds no value for people like me, and I'm sure XB1 probably has something similar. That's probably why it's not a high priority of theirs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Listening to music in the menus is not the main issue. Having tracks cue from playlists to play during stoppages during actual games is the main issue.

The effect on the atmosphere of the games is extreme. I can fill it up with music that I actually want to hear, instead of constantly hearing music I don't care about, or even hate, which just dampens the mood.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:33 PM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkano
Listening to music in the menus is not the main issue. Having tracks cue from playlists to play during stoppages during actual games is the main issue.

The effect on the atmosphere of the games is extreme. I can fill it up with music that I actually want to hear, instead of constantly hearing music I don't care about, or even hate, which just dampens the mood.
It's why I still only play 2K and Legacy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »