Home

Hatfield's NHL 18 Fantasy Draft Order (GM Mode)

This is a discussion on Hatfield's NHL 18 Fantasy Draft Order (GM Mode) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #1
Rookie

hetfield426's Arena

OVR: 3
Cool Hatfield's NHL 18 Fantasy Draft Order (GM Mode)

Greetings, Chell Community!

So every year, despite the new and improved game modes that come out for major electronic sports franchises, I still find myself mostly obsessed with my favorite element of these games: the franchise mode fantasy draft. Whoever conceived the idea deserves no less than 3 Nobel Peace Prizes.

Anyway, though the concept has given me tremendous joy and infinite hours of exciting gameplay and management decisions, it has also given me frustration, especially during the initial snake draft process. I am something of a perfectionist when it comes to drafting from scratch, so there are countless times where I have abandoned teams after the first few rounds and restarted several more times thereafter.

In years past, people have occasionally uploaded simulated draft orders for similar games, but this doesn't appear to be the case for NHL, or at least recently. I've done the same thing now for MLB The Show 17, Madden 18, and NBA 2K, so I figured I might as well do one for this game too. I would have done this for myself anyway, so might as well share!

I have essentially simulated all 31 picks of the 14 rounds of a Fantasy Draft in MyGM mode with essentially the default rosters and recorded the results. I have also color-coded the player potentials similarly to how they are done in the game (High = Green, Med = Orange, etc.) for easier viewing.

I have attached the spreadsheet as a PDF for viewing. Unfortunately, since OS for some reason doesn't allow uploads of spreadsheet files directly, I am offering to email it to anyone who would want to have an editable copy. I'm also planning on updating this possibly at the halfway point and towards the end of the season, as the changing ratings and sometimes positions do have an impact on when certain players tend to go.

Also, keep in mind this is only based on one simulation and doesn't guarantee when players will get picked. Some players have a wider 'round range', and will for example be taken sometimes in the 7th round, sometimes in the 10th. However, this should be a decently accurate estimate of what to expect.

Have lots of fun and let me know if you'd like an editable copy! Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NHL 18 Franchise Fantasy Draft.pdf (90.6 KB, 224 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2017, 05:11 AM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Hatfield's NHL 18 Fantasy Draft Order (GM Mode)

Nice work!

If you could share the spreadsheet it'd be great

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »