Home

not as bad as some people say

This is a discussion on not as bad as some people say within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2018, 02:05 AM   #65
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: not as bad as some people say

Quote:
Originally Posted by handheldpictures
Totally agree 100%. But here's the problem. Rammer and his crew will continue to milk HUT for as long as possible, as they give absolutely zero crap about any other mode that doesn't make money. So why even think about upgrading their absolutely pathetic game engine, when idiots are spending extra $$$ on this game believing it makes a difference, when it actually doesn't do a thing. This is simply (2018) the most pathetic sports game in history, but Ramjagsingh couldn't care less as all he cares about his is paycheck and pleasing the EA executives.
Without a doubt, it's been the most infuriating game to play since 2011, and until the totally sadistic Rammer disappears from this game, nothing will improve. He's totally destroyed what used to be a fun game, and turned it into the smelliest turd of all time, because he has absolutely zero clue what the word "fun" means.
ultimate team has basically ruined sports games up to this point....it's beyond frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2018, 10:42 AM   #66
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
ultimate team has basically ruined sports games up to this point....it's beyond frustrating.
Diamond Dynasty in MLB The Show is hands down the best way to do these kind of modes IMO. NHL should take some notes.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 05-09-2018, 09:21 AM   #67
Rookie

KoryDub's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Diamond Dynasty in MLB The Show is hands down the best way to do these kind of modes IMO. NHL should take some notes.
The NHL team should be taking a lot of notes from MLB The Show.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:57 PM   #68
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15

Maybe I am too old school but I am not paying $60.00 for the game and then pay more money for hut not gonna happen but if it’s popular I guess I am in the minority. I think the game has too many modes and they need to strengthen it by adding the so called frostbite engine but then it might take another couple of years to get that sweet spot back. I basically play two ways every year I emulate the season every year with my Red Wings and then I play playoff mode with the teams that make it. Roster sharing would help tremdously. All in all I have enjoyed the series as a whole with many ups and downs along the way
Old 05-15-2018, 08:53 AM   #69
Rookie

steelersd26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13whitebread
Maybe I am too old school but I am not paying $60.00 for the game and then pay more money for hut not gonna happen but if it’s popular I guess I am in the minority. I think the game has too many modes and they need to strengthen it by adding the so called frostbite engine but then it might take another couple of years to get that sweet spot back. I basically play two ways every year I emulate the season every year with my Red Wings and then I play playoff mode with the teams that make it. Roster sharing would help tremdously. All in all I have enjoyed the series as a whole with many ups and downs along the way
I really don't understand the point of paying ridiculous amounts of money on HUT for a team that you won't even have in future games. It boggles my mind how anybody would spend even $1 on ultimate team modes.
NBA: New York Knicks
NCAA: Tennessee Volunteers

Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/steelersd26

Follow my NCAA Football 22 Dynasty Here!
Old 05-16-2018, 12:38 PM   #70
Rookie

KoryDub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersd26
I really don't understand the point of paying ridiculous amounts of money on HUT for a team that you won't even have in future games. It boggles my mind how anybody would spend even $1 on ultimate team modes.
Online gaming is "win at all costs" so it's no surprise EA is exploiting this for money with it's UT modes.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:29 PM   #71
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

It's funny how I can have a couple of fun games then this game goes right back to garbage.

Game 5 of the playoffs, I go up 3-2 late in the third then take a penalty late in the game when none have been called all game. I go to clear the puck and my stick breaks, CPU tape to tape pass, one timer goal, tied up. I'm not kidding 30 seconds later I get another penalty. This time I go to clear the puck again and this time the player whiffs on it and they grab the puck and score with 13 seconds left.

I don't know if it's catch up code or whatever happens, but there are definitely times when the CPU is impossible to stop, at least for me. I've also had games where my goalie makes all of these amazing saves and I can't lose the game.

Doesn't really matter to be honest, the game just doesn't have any legs for me as far as actually playing it.. I have simmed many games and enjoy the other stuff/drafting/FA/etc.. but it's about all I do anymore. I've tried and tried to tweak sliders and do have some fun and exciting games, but the game play is just so predictable and stale. Setup in my zone, tape to tape pass, pass, pass, pass, goal. My AI players all chasing the puck around leaving guys wide open, I try to switch players, but even then most of the time it's the player away from the puck.

I really don't think we are going to see any drastic changes or overhauls of this series. All I can hope for is someday another hockey game is released, we need a breath of fresh air. I do miss those days when we could look forward to both 2k and EA hockey.

Last edited by MizzouRah; 05-21-2018 at 11:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2018, 11:51 PM   #72
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
It's funny how I can have a couple of fun games then this game goes right back to garbage.

Game 5 of the playoffs, I go up 3-2 late in the third then take a penalty late in the game when none have been called all game. I go to clear the puck and my stick breaks, CPU tape to tape pass, one timer goal, tied up. I'm not kidding 30 seconds later I get another penalty. This time I go to clear the puck again and this time the player whiffs on it and they grab the puck and score with 13 seconds left.

I don't know if it's catch up code or whatever happens, but there are definitely times when the CPU is impossible to stop, at least for me. I've also had games where my goalie makes all of these amazing saves and I can't lose the game.

Doesn't really matter to be honest, the game just doesn't have any legs for me as far as actually playing it.. I have simmed many games and enjoy the other stuff/drafting/FA/etc.. but it's about all I do anymore. I've tried and tried to tweak sliders and do have some fun and exciting games, but the game play is just so predictable and stale. Setup in my zone, tape to tape pass, pass, pass, pass, goal. My AI players all chasing the puck around leaving guys wide open, I try to switch players, but even then most of the time it's the player away from the puck.

I really don't think we are going to see any drastic changes or overhauls of this series. All I can hope for is someday another hockey game is released, we need a breath of fresh air. I do miss those days when we could look forward to both 2k and EA hockey.

Agreed, I have experienced pretty much everything you have described and it goes even more so like this in playoffs games.

Just like you I really like the team building aspect, the drafting, the simming etc.
I think I'm at the point where when I play a game, I can tell what kind of game the AI is going give me very early on, by the way of level of pressure, hardness or easiness to score etc.
I just about give up on sliders lol.

Having said this, I'm in for the long haul with the dynasty I've made, which I guess is the main reason I remain drawn in.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by SeattleBattleCat; 05-22-2018 at 08:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »