Home

How is the schedule generated in a 32 team franchise?

This is a discussion on How is the schedule generated in a 32 team franchise? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2018, 08:49 AM   #1
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2
How is the schedule generated in a 32 team franchise?

Does anyone know how your expansion team's schedule is generated?

I read somewhere that since your team is put into the central division by default, even if you realign them into a different division or conference they will still have a schedule as if they were in the central division ei. play central division teams more and play western teams more than eastern teams (don't know the exact numbers and formulas).

However, I did a test where I swapped my expansion team with Detroit and put them into the Atlantic division and they had a schedule where they seemed to play a lot of teams three times no matter what division or conference those teams are (for example. they were scheduled to play the leaf, sabres, sharks and oilers 3 times during the season). So it seems like the schedule was totally out of whack at this point.

Does anyone have an explanation of how the schedule is generated in a 32 team franchise and whether swapping teams and realignment has any input on it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2018, 10:20 AM   #2
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How is the schedule generated in a 32 team franchise?

You know what, I've never really checked, but you got me thinking so I just looked back on my 2024/25 season just played in my franchise and it turns out my team played all 31 teams once each in a random order (1st 4 games were FLA, SJS, ANA, NYR). Then as soon as they played all teams, the exact same pattern repeated and played all teams again in the Exact same random order. So this means you will play 20 random teams 3 times in a season, then the last 11 teams you only play 2 times.

I've never picked up on that until just now. I do know the order of who you play changes from season to season.
Must have been too hard to generate a schedule any other way? ... or just laziness on EA's behalf

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »