Home

NHL series play by play

This is a discussion on NHL series play by play within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2018, 10:08 PM   #1
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
NHL series play by play

I know that I am reaching very far with this but I was thinking something that the NHL series could do that would give them an edge. I did enjoy that they use Doc and Eddy’s real persons to do the intro to date I think it’s the only one that is doing this of all the major sports. Another thing I would like to see and like I said this is a stretch. Can you imagine how cool it would be to be able to pick between a CBC or NHL coverage of a game? You could get two play by play teams to pick from this would be so huge for the series. Now would it change much no and maybe many turn off the play by play I however enjoy for the immersion and yes even in its current state it needs to be improved and not so repetitive. I would rather see this than another mode in which I believe we have too many already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2018, 10:14 PM   #2
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL series play by play

It would be cool, but probably unlikely because generally when a company like EA uses guys like Doc and Eddie, they will be locked into a contract that would specifically deny them from being able to use other people from opposition broadcasts.

Then there's the extra cost of paying more presenters with the small budget they already have compared to the other majors.

I would love to see some period intermission stuff though, a bit like with NBA2K.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »