Home

Will EA lose the NHL liscense?

This is a discussion on Will EA lose the NHL liscense? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2018, 02:34 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Will EA lose the NHL liscense?

i would like this game better without an NHL license.
That why the ratings could actually go from 1-100.

player separation would be off the chart.

I honestly would probably like the game better.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:23 PM   #18
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

As long as they're paying the NHL for the license every year, how would they lose it? It's not like the NHL has other developers lined up to pay the annual license fee.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:03 AM   #19
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Everyone wants 2K to make hockey again but from what I’ve heard NBA 2K18 is a disaster. The sad truth is it doesn’t matter who has the license because sports gaming, like most games, has become all about online play and micro transactions. It’s not that EA can’t make a good hockey game it’s that they won’t. The entire focus is on HUT with a few minor things thrown in. Any shot of getting a true hockey sim for us hardcore hockey fanatics died with HUT and all the other micro transaction modes in games. The sad reality....
Old 06-06-2018, 06:28 PM   #20
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Everyone wants 2K to make hockey again but from what I’ve heard NBA 2K18 is a disaster. The sad truth is it doesn’t matter who has the license because sports gaming, like most games, has become all about online play and micro transactions. It’s not that EA can’t make a good hockey game it’s that they won’t. The entire focus is on HUT with a few minor things thrown in. Any shot of getting a true hockey sim for us hardcore hockey fanatics died with HUT and all the other micro transaction modes in games. The sad reality....
You might be dead on here. The days of video game franchise mode for solo play is slowly dying off. I've gone to mostly text sims for baseball/football/basketball and hockey is soon to follow I guess.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:28 PM   #21

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
You might be dead on here. The days of video game franchise mode for solo play is slowly dying off. I've gone to mostly text sims for baseball/football/basketball and hockey is soon to follow I guess.
If text sims for American sports ever hit the level of Football Manager, it'll be a glorious day indeed.

As much as I don't like the UT modes in sports games, certainly can't fault a company for catering to the people who give them more money than I will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 06:56 PM   #22
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15

I do wish 2K would take over I think with their track record it could make a very good game. Unfortanly I don’t think it will happen with the right marketing I do believe it would sell better but the evidence of them not promoting this game is clear. My favorite sport to play, watch, and spectate not getting much love I’m afraid😩. One day I am hoping they will surprise us but I am looking for offline improvements only which puts me in an even bigger minority because I don’t play HUT or buy stuff after I purchase the game.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:55 PM   #23
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
If text sims for American sports ever hit the level of Football Manager, it'll be a glorious day indeed.

As much as I don't like the UT modes in sports games, certainly can't fault a company for catering to the people who give them more money than I will.
Out of the Park Baseball already has and they just teamed up with Front Office Football.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:01 PM   #24
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Out of the Park Baseball already has and they just teamed up with Front Office Football.
+1. Just wait a couple years until OOTP makes a basketball text sim. At that point, you'll have baseball, basketball, football, hockey, AND soccer covered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »