Home

NHL 19 Features Real Player Motion, Outdoor Rinks, Legends & New Modes

This is a discussion on NHL 19 Features Real Player Motion, Outdoor Rinks, Legends & New Modes within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2018, 07:13 AM   #17
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 19 Features Real Player Motion, Outdoor Rinks, Legends & New Modes

Isn't this about the 6th consecutive year we've heard of a revamped skating and physics engine?
Old 06-21-2018, 07:22 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has anyone in history ever gone from playing pond hockey as an adult to playing in the NHL?
Old 06-21-2018, 08:35 AM   #19
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

Something tells me this year, that this could be it for this particular development team. I did notice they have a new creative director I believe next to Rammer running the show.

They are trying for the second consecutive year to bring in more casual players and people to play online with these gimmick online modes or NHL 3s Arcade stuff that have been done with NHL Hitz and other games in the past.

I have to give DJNEO props for the second consecutive year once the features were revealed. They are taking this game in the wrong direction if you are a sim player or someone like myself that only plays offline modes.

I touched NHL 3s I think twice.

I like the real player motion from the 2 second clip of Crosby that was shown and Patrick Kane...other than that, I mean I can't believe this is it. Seems like Live and NHL series are tied to the hip. No Frostbite, just the real player motion.

Lets hope there is more, but I think we all know for the most part, this is it. Goalie animations looked exactly the same from the trailer(Yes I know it's a trailer, still tho) and probably still get beat with the same goals over and over...ugh

I also detest the 'Chel slogan.

Last edited by csamuelsvt; 06-21-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:13 AM   #20
Rookie

PhillyGuy11826's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Of course we can’t make a final judgement on these cut scene trailers but you can’t deny people have the right to be skeptical when last year we were given nhl 3s and create a mascot. Legacy issues, horrible AI, and players that all play the same for years and go untouched. Things a very passionate community ask for go ignored. Believe me if the game plays great and there are noticeable improvements people will give EA props but history is not on EAs side

It doesn't help that the gamechangers for NHL seem to eat up what ever the dev team throws on the wall. I just don't get how a 1v1v1 outdoor mode or customizable gear with weird patterns should be any reason for anyone to get excited. How is this the top feature you're touting?

NHL 15 killed the sales for this series. Why is this game still $60-$99? Take a lesson from what NBA Live did last year & cut the standard version's price to $29.99 & the Ultimate Edition or whatever should be $59.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashFlagg
Has EA said whether the option to play as an expansion team in Franchise mode will remain in NHL 19 or not?

Wouldn't surprise me if they eliminated this.

I just want them to add the Playoff Round, the game # of the series, & the score of the series to the score overlay in franchise/playoff mode.

Last edited by PhillyGuy11826; 06-21-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:00 AM   #21
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tullyd
You people need to not. Judge this game based on a 1 minute trailer and wait to see more gameplay footage with the. New skating engine.
No offense, but I was saying the same thing years ago. "Oh, it's just the trailer, surely the actual gameplay will be better".

I have yet to experience that. The skating changes of the past few years haven't really done much to help you actually skate like a real player. Regardless of that, for someone that plays offline, the AI is one of the biggest needs. Is it possible that EA has a huge AI revamp in store? Yeah, definitely. But the past few years have been ones where I've seen their focus shift more and more from the offline side to focusing almost exclusively on HUT and online modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
Something tells me this year, that this could be it for this particular development team. I did notice they have a new creative director I believe next to Rammer running the show.

They are trying for the second consecutive year to bring in more casual players and people to play online with these gimmick online modes or NHL 3s Arcade stuff that have been done with NHL Hitz and other games in the past.

I have to give DJNEO props for the second consecutive year once the features were revealed. They are taking this game in the wrong direction if you are a sim player or someone like myself that only plays offline modes.

I touched NHL 3s I think twice.

I like the real player motion from the 2 second clip of Crosby that was shown and Patrick Kane...other than that, I mean I can't believe this is it. Seems like Live and NHL series are tied to the hip. No Frostbite, just the real player motion.

Lets hope there is more, but I think we all know for the most part, this is it. Goalie animations looked exactly the same from the trailer(Yes I know it's a trailer, still tho) and probably still get beat with the same goals over and over...ugh

I also detest the 'Chel slogan.
I think the team is fine. The thing is, while a lot of people here (and on Reddit apparently) are frustrated and unhappy with the direction of the game, it seems that none of that is cause for concern at EA. I don't even think the "faults" of the game are at the feet of Rammer or any of the team.

They've given a direction, and they go in that direction. EA likely said "We need more focus on the online side, HUT modes are big in sports games now" and that's what the team gets focused on.

I have the same issue in my IT job. Just because I think an idea is stupid, doesn't mean the higher ups do. I can make my case, I can point out what I think could be better, but at the end of the day it isn't my call.

Last edited by actionhank; 06-21-2018 at 10:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2018, 10:08 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 10

Like the idea of the Legends coming in, but it only looks like we can play with them in Exhibition mode. Hopefully maybe they will build off that.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:18 AM   #23
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Instead of reinventing EA should be refining the skating engine by now. lol.

I'm going to hold off my pre-order since I don't see anything from this preview that would warrant a purchase for me. I'd like see some actual game play before I decide.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:31 AM   #24
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Ive been saying it for awhile. Online gaming and micro transactions now rule the video game scene. Great single player games with awesome stories like The Last of Us are few and far between. Legit sim like sports titles for true fans of the sport are dying a quick death. We are all mad at EA but it’s the industry as whole going that way. It wouldnt surprise me in the least i found they find a way to slip micro transactions into this create a player 1s thing. Maybe not this year but next year

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »